Would you want this Commander in the Armory?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brandonpotter, June 22, 2014.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yes Please! (Adopt and put into Armory)

94 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    28.2%
  1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Im considering donating this Commander Model to Uber, becuase they are just so awesome, and I know PA needs more Commanders in its Armoury. It always does.

(Yes, I know Textures still need some tweaking, but its enough to show people what Im aiming for.)

So the Question is, Would you want Uber to 'adopt' this commander so you can all buy it and have it? (After its fixed up of course)

NOTES:
    I would not make any money from this. Infact, I would be buying this as well. So there is no stealing involved.

2nd Note

This Commander would seemingly be a good replacement for the Able Commander. A Donated Commander for a Charity Drive! Makes sense doesnt it?
    [​IMG]

Commander designed based/inspired by This Design.

Designed and created by 'Avitus' aka Jazz.

(If you vote no, Please say why. If its something that can be fixed, I will try to do so.)
    Commander parts used: Alpha, Aryst0crat, Chronoblip, Gambitdfa, Gamma and Invictus.
    Last edited: October 12, 2014
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Perhaps with a bit of tweaking, and texture fixes, sure. As it stands, it's a bit odd.
    wilhelmvx and Ahpuck like this.
  3. brandonpotter

Its the first commander I made with actual PA stuff :p None of it is rigged, since I have no idea how, and theres no support for 3DS Max yet XD
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Yeah, I don't really like how it's just kind of a mix-and-match. But I know what you're aiming for, and I'd support a TA-based comm.
  5. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

if you make it a bit more like the ARM com, and a bit less like the Delta com(the torso part and arms part), I would buy that
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. brandonpotter

Well the torso and legs are alotta work, but alotta people dont pay attention to those ingame :p

As for the arms, they are the standard type >-< If you look at all the previously released Commanders, all their Build and weapon arms are almost idtentical. Only different is the panels on the sides.
  7. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You do realise that you're stealing the Delta commander's lower half... and proposing to make money off it, right?

No, I would not buy this Commander as I doubt Uber would let you sell their work off as your own.
    verybad likes this.
  8. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

Where did he say that he wants money for it? :eek:
  9. brandonpotter

You obviously didnt read what I had wrote....

First sentence would state that I would be DONATING the model to them. only they would make the money, not me.
  10. brandonpotter

It seems that if you make something for donating for the game, with no intent to make money from, its stealing :\

Da faq is this world coming to?
  11. CounterFact

CounterFact Active Member

I tried modelling my own commander, which isn't easy. So for that I'd say you did a great job.
    As for my opinion on the model. It seems a bit off somehow. It's still not the worst commander model. I'd be sleightly below average if I had to order them.
  12. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Uber can't sell it under their own licence without getting in a lot of trouble with the rights to TA and the likeness of the Commanders therein.

Your Commander's head is pretty much a direct copy of the ARM Commanders'

Also, being lazy with "their" Commander models and not redoing the legs wouldn't reflect well on them. Re do the entire model (and textures), then we'll talk. Until then it's a No.
    Last edited: June 22, 2014
    MrTBSC likes this.
  13. brandonpotter

Uber made a copy of the delta, closed the shoulder pads, added an antenna and made it the Invictus, and your not complaining about that?
    Last edited by a moderator: February 12, 2015
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

verybad, vyolin, Quitch and 2 others like this.
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

stop being so aggresive against other forummembers
    he has every right to post as he raises criticism about your work ...
    you currently clearly show that you either are unable and/or unwilling to take that criticism ...
  16. brandonpotter

Oh, Totally didnt know that :) Thanks Knight :)
  17. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Why do people continually suggest new paid commanders. Why not the occasional free comms. I'm sure uber will be making enough from the $1000 backer commanders (even though they are only getting a portion of the profit)

I like the idea of adding an arm inspired commander to the armoury(although I would want uber to refine the model further) , I'm just sick of the mentality that we should pay for all the new commanders from this point onwards( and the fact that no one else has bought the issue up) . I was sincerely hoping that uber would expand the selection of free comms but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    Last edited: June 23, 2014
  18. brandonpotter

I would like some free coms now and again, since after all teh release and such is done, they can pump out Commanders like nobodys business :p

And if they do want the model, Then they are free to make any adjustments they want to it :) Each section is on its own, so if they want, they can swamp out parts for new ones or whatever they want :3
  19. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

well, this is what I would like to not see
  20. brandonpotter

So you want something a little more original eh? Hmmm... I could try to work out something.