1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Chaps who are struggling to find a game, I seriously recommend joining a community of some sort.

There's quite a few of them on here, so I'm not just blowing the Realm's trumpet, but it basically means you can have one at your leisure.
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Great, thanks for making it clear.
  3. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Thanks for the update! Yes, I agree with the other post that changing the date in steam for beta would be a good idea, to fend off pedants before they take root :)
  4. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Ok cba to read posts so if this has already been said sorry but i think they are going to do a big update for the beta release around 6-12 September so hopefully the update would desirably be
    • First pass inter-planetary movement
    • Solar systems with more than 3 planets
    • Planets with multiple moons (more than 2 would be preferable)
    • Update textures for the space fighter which i hate
    • Maybe space stations?
    Fin
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

You'll actually probably see a patch (or possibly two) before beta starts. There's still a number of loose ends to pull together to get planet smashing and interplanetary warfare going.
  6. cwarner7264

Wow - so we're literally only one or two patches away from Beta?
  7. garat

Don't read TOO much into that. I'm ballparking, based on my current sense of momentum. :)
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

What Garat said. We are working on orbital, interplanetary etc. This stuff will likely be rolled out over several patches. Beta will begin when we think that stuff is working well enough. There is still a TON of work to do in this area so we won't be hitting Beta on Sept. 6th.
  9. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Why such a hurry?
    There is still so much to do,in so many ways , okay we still have very little to entertain, but we need to be calm.
    PA will be the best strategy for 2014.
    So lets give them time.
    But lets gradually pressing them ;)
    Joking:D
    Just give us a toy to calm
  10. cwarner7264

Sorry, sorry, sorry, I know nothing is final! Just struck me how far we've come since June :)
  11. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Probably want to announcement on steam a as soon as possible. To avoid somewhat of a mess. As always rather have a solid game than a rushed. ;)
  12. swappan

swappan New Member

So why we wont get any update on that and I have to read this on some lost forum reply? I mean you have announced beta on the 6th and no information means this still stands to me.
  13. garat

I had forgotten we had put in a hard date up on Steam. It should have read September, 2013, with no date. I asked our contact over there to update.
  14. cwarner7264

Though I'm not enamoured with the tone in which this is written, you do have a point.

If anyone from Uber reads this, it might be an idea to put out some sort of announcement that the 'estimated' date of 6th September was only an estimate and that Beta won't be released tomorrow. It might be preferable to do this before the inevitable deluge of 'y u no beta' that I fully expect to appear otherwise.
    lokiCML likes this.
  15. garat

As I implied, we are unable to edit that directly. I've requested the update to the copy by Valve.
  16. cwarner7264

You ninja'd me by what looks like milliseconds, Garat.

Also, you're in early this morning!
  17. rupertclark

rupertclark New Member

I wish you had announced this (and not so obscurely) before i bought the beta. I feel cheated man. I dont care to wait for the game, and take all the time you need to make a great game, but now i bought it thinking i might play it this week and you re saying i cant play it for who nows how long. What i am saying is you should announce these things. Change the steam thing or at least in your own website.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  18. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

aw giggdy gew!
  19. rupertclark

rupertclark New Member

Whats that suppose to mean?
    iron420 likes this.
  20. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

It says very clearly it's an anticipated release and is subject to change. It's basically your fault for not reading it?