These Galactic War Mods NEED to be incorporated into the base game.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, January 1, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The Galactic War as it is right now is an aimless journey with no strategy. Choosing which system to go to is guesswork and the blindness of it prevents the galactic war metagame from containing any meaningful choices. As it is right now the Galactic War might as well not exist. There are however a variety of mods out right now that greatly improve the Galactic War.

1. Galactic War Extended System Moves by @gonzo4711. This mod allows you to move from any system that you control to any system that you can reach at the moment in two clicks (One to select the planet, one to move there) rather than over a dozen that it might take in vanilla.
    2. Section of Research and Exploration by @wondible. This mod adds strategy to the Galactic War by allowing you to see what you'll be able to obtain from each system. No longer are you blindly fumbling around and hoping to get a good tech, now you can make educated decisions as to which system would have the greatest strategic value.
    3. Section of Foreign Intelligence by @wondible. This mod further increases the strategy of the Galactic War by showing the strength of the enemy in each system. This provides an overall better experience by being able to tell if a game is going to be a 5 minute curbstomp against an easy commander or an hour long battle with multiple tough opponents.
    4. GW Unit Cannon by @wondible. This mod adds the Unit Cannon to the Galactic War. 'Nuff said.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

If you think the dozen clicks it takes to get back are that bad you'd die from Spore's space stage, oh man... it took so long. XD
    xankar and stuart98 like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Oh I remember just flying back and forth between my homeworld and a nearby star just to farm frequent flyer badges. Good times. XD
    xankar, kosmosprime and squishypon3 like this.
  4. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

I normally do not like the "add this to the base game" threads anywhere, but this time I agree, those are great mods.

You never became a shaman? Having something that beams you back to your home world after you befriended the grox is fairly useful.

Good times especially when you forget to recharge your batteries. Because your home world repairs you for free :)
  5. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I'd also like at least a tiny bit of global strategy, maybe some sort of GW resource that one can spend on a couple buildings and stuff when they start a game.
  6. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Can I also just suggest there be a story that isnt in the form of a text box, I know there is one but could it just be a bit more...in-your-face so that I know why I am off to kill another Comm with dox only...