The PAG debacle

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by icycalm, January 18, 2015.

?

BRN vs. PAG rematch with extra icy included?

1. HELL YEAH!

35 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DOOOOOO THIIIIIIIIIS!

27 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

What a silly work around lol.

Though not too useful when it takes literally 1 minute to travel to the gas planet as on that BRN system. Killing a jig every 2 minutes isn't so useful when a new one is being built every 15 seconds.
  2. darkagentx

darkagentx Member

Well, you don't have to wait until the original group returns to use others to continue the attack. It just spares those particular ones from destruction so they can yet be useful later. Rather than being a loss of time and resources.
    Last edited: January 19, 2015
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Yeah, the micro requirement is pretty large compared to ground based mex. The difference though is that you can queue up the orders, and then forget about that clump of 10 avengers since the attack is going to be about as optimal as you can get it. The idea is that you take the 100ish avengers you have and just issue similar orders for 10sih groups of avengers (targeting different jigs of course). And you keep doing this as you build more avengers and the old avengers arrive back.

Note: I am just outlining my strategy here, I don't actually see this as the kind of micro that should be in PA. It is however the only real way to deal with orbital stuff at the moment :/
    nosebreaker likes this.
  4. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

The orbital travel times for the system are quite small and the only reason it took so long was probably due to the amount of units area patrolling and slowing down the sim speed, I agree that jigs are broken atm though when i was able to recreate the system for clan wars jig explosions were not a thing and you could nuke the gas giant. we spent over 24 hours creating the home system (finding correct seeds, around 2500 seeds i believe and redoing metal countless times) the system is well balanced. There are a lot of bugs which affect how the system play atm, for example the moon smashing the metal planet is not supposed to eliminate the entire planet and as the metal planet is also halleyable it would of soon been travelling towards arrakis. I would appreciate a little more consideration given to myself for the painstaking task of creating the system given the tools that i had to work with at the time please (couldn't of done it without pazoki and dom also)
    nosebreaker, slocke, icycalm and 4 others like this.
  5. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

I would also like to congratulate all the PAG players for there performance in the game, I personally believe they performed amazingly early and late game, personally I would love to do some more games with you guys as you are all an amazing group of people, as for a rematch we could play the same system countless times and we would not find the game playing out anything like that game did so i don't see the point in dwelling on it tbh.
  6. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

Wat?
    Give me some goddamn 1v1 tourneys
    jonasmod and cptconundrum like this.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

There's an entire 1v1 ladder which you aren't present on yet. Go busy yourself toppling elodea and yaegz :p
  8. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

That's precisely why I want to see a rematch. If the rematch played the same way I wouldn't want to see it.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Matiz is on the ladder.... I'm sure I saw him top 10 of gold...
  10. icycalm

11. cdrkf

12. icycalm

I have given the truth away in a thread in the clan forum. Won't say any more than that.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

We all know who would win the rematch if Icey was on PAG's team.
    cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

15. cdrkf

Oh yes, but I would pay real moneyz for a copy of the audio from the PAG teamspeak during such a match :p
    icycalm and stuart98 like this.
  16. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

While it was interesting, just perhaps we are
    dead-horse.gif
    here. :D
    icycalm, Clopse and stuart98 like this.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I was thinking of streaming/ recording sometime. We don't talk too much, every now and again we mumble and ping stuff. Like see this *ping*. Or like energy running low, need more fabbers/factories etc. I'm pure caveman when it comes to doing two things at the same time. In the burn game after 20 minutes I was like we orbital yet. Everyone just put their heads down and said no. "Yeah we should probably do that so".
    devoh, cdrkf, icycalm and 1 other person like this.
  18. icycalm

My micro is so good I can run my smurf and my main while posting a gif of someone beating a dead horse on an internet forum, all at the same time.

I have actually used the phrase, "YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE I AM THE LEADER HERE" in a match.

But he didn't listen to me, so I deleted all the commanders (it was a 5v5 that had just begun, and we couldn't play it with a dolt who went off doing his own thing while not paying attention to us), forfeited the match, and then went out and kicked him off Mumble and the Steam group, before coming back and starting a new game with the rest of the team. Good times.
    chevrage likes this.
  19. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Did I just get called a smurf? I'm not even blue :D

It would be cool to hear the teams speaking in the background during a cast.

It would be really cool if we had check boxes for what we wanted to listen to.. one for each team and one for the casters.. and the chronocam so we can look at what we want.. oh man I so want this!!
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. cdrkf

You saying something like that to PAG.... that aftermath would be what I'd want to hear :p I may be completely wrong of course, however I just have this sneaking suspicion that they might not take orders that well :)
    cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.