TeamSpeak 3 Public Server (Sponsor Query, ATHP)

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by hmstryx, July 6, 2013.

1. hmstryx

hmstryx New Member

We have a commercial Teamspeak license and wonder why Uber has not set up a large scale Teamspeak 3 server like Mechwarrior Online "No Gut No Galaxy" systems.

We can provide this if needed, given some specification information about how big a server would be required. At no cost and w/o sponsorship / advertising of course.

Our CEO has been a TA fan since way back, and is just curious why Mumble rather than TS3 in this case. Support isn't 24/7, but it's popular enough to get more customers in who may not be familiar with Mumble or upset with C3 (the MWMercs.com first try).
  2. cursy

cursy New Member

Wow, that is a very nice offer! ;) You are uber, too^^
  3. gameender

gameender New Member

I would love to see an official Team Speak server. It would make ad-hoc team games more fun if everyone good just agree on a channel and then join up.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Personally I find that public Teamspeaks in this fashion tend to get a bit... much sometimes.

That said, it's probably better than no Teamspeak!
  5. numptyscrub

numptyscrub Member

As I understand it, the Mumble server is a community project (originally for MNC / SMNC) dealt with by Polynomial personally, and paid for by volunteers. It is neither administered by, or paid for, by Uber.

Since PA also has Steam integration, the (less performant and not so well optimised) Steam VOIP chat can also be used. This would of course only work for people who already have a Steam login though.

I toyed with the idea of running the free TS on a low spec Linux box I have running, but if someone is offering server-class hardware over a decent connection I doubt anyone would say no :mrgreen:
  6. hmstryx

hmstryx New Member

Sorry for the late reply. Things got really ugly July-Sept for our firm. We will still host an open (free) TeamSpeak 3 server for Planetary Annihilation. The address is:

URL: pa.militech.org
    password: FluffyBunnies

If you played Planetside, you know who we are.
    (Also on Planetside 2 beta now)
  7. hmstryx

hmstryx New Member

Access should not be limited to most users, but some ISPs are blacklisted due to the July-Sept harassment. If you need help, service@sdpmultimediagroup.com will take your IP and try to de-screen you if possible. We are keeping this on the down-low right now, while sorting some IRL (legal), so please tell your friends but don't post it outside beta forums for now. Will expand later.
  8. wiccasick

wiccasick Member

Why did you password the TS?
  9. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Do Uber have plans to implement VoIP in the game itself (e.g TF2)? I'd understand if they didn't, due to increased development time, but that'd be convenient.

Also, I don't know who you are hmstryx, but thanks for doing this! :)
  10. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

they dont, and im pretty sure i could find a quote from somewhere, but the reasoning was that most actual teams for this game will already have some sort voice communication whether it is skype/ts/mumble or whatever.

And i actually think a ts3 server would be great, would be good like the irc we have, but i think it may require A LOT of channels, and a person limit on each channel.
  11. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Yeah, a lot of channels and a person limit would be ideal. Most people play 1v1 games i think, so you'd want a lot of 2-player only channels
  12. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

I would think that you would only use VOIP for team games. I mean how many people really talk to their oponents in a 1v1 game?
  13. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I like to flirt trashtalk with my opponents.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  14. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I attempt to confuse my opponents with witty banter and triple entendres. Also by shouting random quotes from classic works of literature at them.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Can confirm. He plays mind games.
  16. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

I would love to trashtalk during a game with you aswell! but you keep running away! Its like you have a commander that does not understand the correct direction to the battlefield!
  17. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

All correct. Its been running great since the Polynomial buyout of 2012. Its at the point I use it so heavily I'll just pay the amount to keep up running indefinitely.
  18. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

Well one could always create a mod to integrate PA with the Teamspeak 3 SDK that is assuming they would let it be used for free since its a mod distributed hopefully for free.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3sdk

heh, yep planetside 2 somewhat recognize the name.
  19. microapple

microapple Member

It'd be nice if Uber implemented some kind of proprietary VOIP in game, though I know it's unlikely... (I'd probably keep using Steam group chat anyways)

If modding communities are anything to judge by, someone will probably make a mod to integrate TS / Vent / Mumble in game.
  20. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

I find people never use in game voice solutions and basically resort to third party solutions for the customization capabilities.

I'm a Mumble fanboy these days myself.