System travel time calculation

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by andrehsu, January 26, 2015.

1. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Is it possible to add a ETA to the system menu? That way you can plan your attacks better.(When a nuke is about to hit, when the unit cannons pods are going to reach their destination etc)
    Quitch, iron71, guest1 and 10 others like this.
  2. darkgodmaster

darkgodmaster New Member

This would be great.

Currently when you send a unit to another planet it takes a couple of spins around the planets and the sun making it take much longer then expected.

If you know it will take x amount of time you will be able to plan the worth of the endeavor.
  3. mrchris2000

mrchris2000 Member

Actually an ability to slow faster obital units to the speed of the slowest would be helpful.
    It can be very hard planning an invasion when the Avengers arrive 2 mins before the fabbers and are dead - and alerted the enemy to the insertion point of the fabbers.

If I have a selection of orbital units and click them to travel to another planet they should behave as ground formations and move in sync.
  4. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

YES PLS UBER!
  5. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

I know I shouldn't bump and stuff, but User pls?
  6. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

It would be weird having 5 or 10 timers in your screen. 1 is handy but no more then that.

But i like the idea.
  7. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

It wouldn't be weird, it would be like avengers: 10:01 UNit cannon: 5:66
  8. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

and then what happens when you send a whole bunch of units one at a time? Or more than 5 or 6 groups of units? That starts taking up screen space. How about if you select that unit while it's in orbit you see a timer?
    devoh likes this.
  9. Skaltum

Skaltum New Member

I don't think we need it desperately but it would be nice. A timer could show up if you hover the mouse over a unit currently on an interplanetary move.
  10. Zaphys

Zaphys Well-Known Member

This will be helpful, but IMHO, all units moving through deepspace should do so at the same speed. It is not only physically correct, but it will make orbital pathing much more intuitive and manageable.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  11. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I like it
  12. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

you could make it so that the time counter only shows up when you press shift key, like how command and build order queues are shown. And also, if different spacecrafts have different acceleration and velocities, they will naturally have different travel speed.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Rather than unifying speeds, I'd like to handle it like it's done on the ground. Groups of units travel at the speed of the slowest one.
    corteks likes this.
  14. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

Units move at the same speeds between planet's in the Orbital Mod. This lead to a drastic improvement in useablity that should be implemented in vanilla.
    Zaphys likes this.
  15. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Even simpler. Selecting a unit and hovering the cursor over the planet you want to move them to makes a window pop up telling you exactly how long it will take for it to arrive.
  16. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Even if it doesn't help coordinate assaults, you can at least know the time it takes for the spacecrafts to complete their unnecessary loops.
  17. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

bump because yes this is importatn