Server disconnections

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ochranindustries, March 9, 2015.

1. ochranindustries

ochranindustries New Member

I've been playing Galactic war and am up to faction leaders. Local Server is set to "OFF", but the log says it's running the local server. Apart from the enemy construction orbital that couldn't be killed, the game died after 36 minutes. See https://forums.uberent.com/threads/lets-eradicate-server-crashes-in-this-thread.67005/ for my previous report.

Attached are the game log and 64 bit dxdiag. I am running windows 7 64bit fully patched with 16GB of ram and a radeon HD 7800 series. Connection is via ethernet to router, from there fibre to the internet. I'm running planetary annihilation v.78071

I'm not running any mods, and I'm running as a non admin user. This issue only seems to affect longer (30+ minutes) games, where there start to be lots of units

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You mean this, right?
    Code:
    [22:16:17.562] INFO Using local server at D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Planetary Annihilation\bin_x64\server.exe

Don't worry that's a lie. Well, bad sentence really. What it means is that it found the server executable at that location and would use it if you would start a local game.

Question though. When the game disconnects again, can you restart PA and log in again? Does it present you with a reconnect dialog?
  3. ochranindustries

That's the line I was looking at. If all it means is that it's found it, no problems then.

After the freeze and it disconnects, there is no reconnection dialog. I'm trying to remember what happens for sure, but I think it drops me back to the galactic war or the PlayFab interface (where you have the options to do Single Player, Multiplayer etc). I'll have another go and report back.

In case it was a corrupted file, I've just run a steam verify on files and there were no errors found.

This issue has occured over more than one 'Galactic War' - a previous run through on a medium galaxy had the same issue (don't think it occured on a faction leader battle though, just a long, multiplanet game).
  4. DeathByDenim

Yeah, if you don't get a reconnect dialog (after restarting PA), that means that you successfully managed to crash the server program on Uber's servers. They'll get crash reports for that for sure and that would definitely be a bug.
  5. ochranindustries

Huh, okay. I'll wait for them to sort it then.
  6. ochranindustries

Playing another galactic war game, this time just a normal 4 planet system. Game freezes, i get server disconnected screen, and then I get put straight back into the galactic war map ready to go on the system I was playing. Is there any way to know if anyone at Uber is actually looking at this issue, or any way to generate more verbose logs?

This game went on for about 30 minutes as well.

I've attached the log file for the game.

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 12, 2015
  7. DeathByDenim

There is no way to know, short of them replying to this thread. I know they get those reports and I assume they are not happy to have servers crashing.

As for more verbose logs, the PA client seems to have a "--log-threshold 4" command-line parameter, but I've never used that before. The server executable seems to have a similar option that you can even set to 6 (if you turn the local server back on and start it manually).

Is there anything specific you do that could result in a server crash? Or is it just always the length of a game?
  8. ochranindustries

Far as I know it isn't anything specific. I just played a successful 47 minute game on the same system that I got a disconnection at around 30-36 minutes, so I don't know what's going on.

I'll look into the logging options. Thanks :)
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

Thanks for the log. I'll get it to the engineers. We're working on any of the crashing stuff, so will get it looked in to.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  10. ochranindustries

I've had two other remote server long games succeed without failing. Now on local server, but I've been lucky with initial placement and have had short games. I'll update the thread as more comes in.
    jables likes this.
  11. ochranindustries

Just played a 46 minute game using a local server without any issues. I don't know what changed, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Time for this thread to be closed?

Thanks for the help provided in this thread :)
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  12. ochranindustries

Getting server disconnections but not as frequent as before using the local server. I'll play on the uber servers for a bit so you guys can get proper crash info. Attaching the logs I'm getting.

Opening the ui log up, I'm noticing a whole bunch of the below - doesn't seem to affect the game as far as I can tell:

[21:50:24.872] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:24.946648 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en/uberbar.json
    [21:50:24.872] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:24.946648 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en/start.json
    [21:50:24.872] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:24.968649 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/dev/uberbar.json
    [21:50:24.872] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:24.968649 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/dev/start.json
    [21:50:24.903] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:24.989650 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en-US/shared.json
    [21:50:24.903] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:24.989650 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en-US/shared.json
    [21:50:25.919] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:25.010651 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en/shared.json
    [21:50:25.919] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:25.010651 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/en/shared.json
    [21:50:25.950] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:25.032653 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/dev/shared.json
    [21:50:25.950] INFO [COUI] PID: 90780 | 96068 11:50:25.032653 Could not recognize the mime type of coui://ui/main/_i18n/locales/dev/shared.json

I also noticed this line in the server log:
    [22:20:03.323] INFO Crash uploaded, link developer to http://crashes.uberent.com/report/index/bp-ea872e46-c36c-45e2-9c14-effdf2150319

Does this mean that crash files are auto uploading for local games?

Game events: 4 planet system. I'd teleported a whole bunch of tier 2 vehicles to a planet, so I selected them, set them to move, and then the game crashed.

Attached Files:

13. DeathByDenim

Yeah, they are. It looks like you hit a crash caused by navigation. There is a PTE out right now that has a fix for that that will be released later today. (See here). So that very well may have been fixed for you. You can download the PTE now to check it out.

I always have loads of the mime type errors. They are probably safe to ignore.

And yeah, there is a crashupload helper program that automatically uploads crash logs. It's pretty helpful for debugging. It's limited to three times per day though to prevent being swarmed with identical reports. Pretty neat!
  14. ochranindustries

Awesome :)

I'll wait for the PTE to go come out and then continue playing.
  15. DeathByDenim

Oh, sorry. That was horribly worded of me. I meant the PTE is out now. And it will be promoted to stable later today (probably). You can already test the fix now, if you try out the PTE, I mean.
  16. ochranindustries

That's alright, know what you meant :)

I'll wait for it to flow out to normal steam and go from there.
  17. jables

jables Uber Employee

Should be out in live now.
    ochranindustries likes this.
  18. yoyom987

yoyom987 New Member

Hi,
    I'm still having the same issue in Galactic War (so far it has only happened in a battle against a leader which was at least 30 minutes long)
  19. DeathByDenim

Is that on Uber's server or with the local offline server?
  20. yoyom987

yoyom987 New Member

what is the default? i haven't played around with the server settings