Runtime error fix.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Kingpin, January 21, 2011.

1. Kingpin

Kingpin New Member

If your game has been crashing due to a runtime error that says something like this:

"Runtime Error

C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/monday night combat/Binaries/Win32/mnc.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Then this is what you will want to do:

First navigate to the same file in the error message above (C:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/monday night combat/Binaries/Win32/mnc.exe) and delete the .exe. Then hit ctrl+Z which will restore the file unmodified.

Once that's done go to your steam library, right click on monday night combat, select properties, click on the 'local files' tab at the top of the mini menu and select 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE...'.

Now it will start verifying and just wait for it to finish (it won't take long). Once it has finished, a download should start to update the mnc.exe file, restoring the lost data. After that's completed just launch MNC and your game should run properly.

Sometimes it requires you to verify the game cache twice so if it doesn't work the first time, just verify the integrity once more.

- Kingpin
  2. kayitsray

kayitsray New Member

Did these steps. Still does not work!

I already reinstalled the game, it worked for a day then went back to the runtime error!

Is there any other solution?
  3. psosok

psosok New Member

TOOK ME AGES TO FIGURE OUT THE SOLUTION!!!! :evil: :oops:

STEP 1 - DELETE THE FOLLOWING 2 FOLDERS!!
    Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\Engine\Config

Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\HostileGame\Config

STEP 2 - Recover the files by 'VERIFY INTEGRITY..."

This magically fixes the problem. F%%K YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
  4. killien

killien Active Member

Actually I think the cache verification will just re-download the exe if it's missing
  5. mrtwazel

mrtwazel New Member

Re: Runtime error termination of runtime

hi there I have just bought this game of steam and first time log on to an unexpected error

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error!

Program: ...m\steamapps\common\planetary
    Annihilation\bin_x86\pa.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have been awaiting this game for some time now putting a side savings to afford this game and an im unhappy to have an error pop up straight after I purchased this game. I hope to find someone who can sort this problem out I'm not much of an techno tommy so support on how this can be fixed if needs require other wise if this is a in game problem I hope that it be fixed very soon.

although this game is not fully released yet an error straight after sign in should not be occurring at this point in the development hope to hear from someone soon

Many Thanks
    Wyatt
  6. teju__

teju__ Active Member

You might want to post it either here or in the alpha forum for pa. These are the monday night combat forums.