(RESOLVED) Offline Play Not Working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by DeadlyMeerkat, May 27, 2017.

1. DeadlyMeerkat

DeadlyMeerkat New Member

I've recently been getting back in PA since my computer doesn't have internet access and I could play PA offline.

I had been playing yesterday mostly fine but today when I run the launcher and select play offline the game freezes and crashes instantly.

Here are my computer specs:
    Graphics card: GTX 960 (has the latest drivers as of today)
    CPU: i5-4590
    RAM: 16GB

Some notes about PA:
    - version 99377
    - worked mostly fine yesterday
    - pa.exe stops working instantly on launch when using both the launcher and running directly from the folder
    - shortly after the crash GalaxyCommunicationService also stops working (whatever that is)

Please send help

Edit: if I run pa.exe from the bin_x86 folder the game runs but it won't let me play offline. It seems to think my is isn't 64-bit
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

3. DeadlyMeerkat

DeadlyMeerkat New Member

I've attached the dxdiag, but for the logs that the link specifies, which files do I upload? I've located the folder, but I'm not sure what the files to upload would be called.

Edit: I've added what I think is one of the logs asked for

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Some people are having problems with the latest Nvidia drivers.

Code:
    INFO Uploader exited with exit code 1
    The crash uploader needs an internet connection so you'll need to connect to the internet for a crash link in your logs.
  5. DeadlyMeerkat

DeadlyMeerkat New Member

Regarding your first point, I had outdated drivers for my graphics card on Friday (my time) and could play fine, but on Saturday, with the same drivers, I started experiencing the problem. After that I got an update for my drivers and for the game hoping that would resolve it but it didn't and I still have the exact same problem.

And with it needing an internet connection for crash logs, I only have the problem when I'm offline. If I do connect to the internet then it runs fine, but I'm just not able to sustain an internet connection on my end which is why I want to try resolve this.

Any other suggestions?
  6. DeadlyMeerkat

DeadlyMeerkat New Member

I've resolved the problem (for now, at least).

What I did was, as per another thread, I renamed my appdata\local\uber entertainment\planetary annihilation folder to be .bak but when I launched PA it started to think I didn't have the Titans expansion to copied over the downloads folder and the boot_settings folder from the .bak to the new password folder that appeared and it seems to work fine.
    lulamae likes this.