Remove the Pre-Loaded Anti-Nuke Missile

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, March 8, 2014.

1. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

He's suggesting it as a way to make the current setup less confusing for noobies since the only other unit with ammo doesn't start with any. Personally I believe good gameplay > easy to learn gameplay. You can learn past any learning curve but you can't overcome bad gameplay. That said, why waste time adjusting a unit that should be either changed to the degree it's unrecognizable or outright replaced? A better way to make it less confusing is start following PA design ideals more closely with that unit than it is currently.
    bradaz85 and stormingkiwi like this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Why should the anti-nuke be pre-loaded but the nuke not? Please make them the same, one way or the other.
  3. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

i can see arguments either way. Having the antinuke preloaded and nuke not would be a step in the direction of compensating for a nuke's going anywhere but an antinuke only protecting an area.

another reason to not preload the nuke is diversionary tactics like was mentioned earlier in the thread - just build the building to get your opponent to waste resources taking it out.

but it would totally suck if you built an antinuke but then forgot to manually queue the ammo and took a nuke to your base. that would certainly happen to new players at least once, and would probably happen to seasoned players occasionally.

But I do like consistency; I can easily see the case for them both building the same (but then again, we don't use them the same...passive vs active... so maybe perfect symmetry between their build isn't so necessary).

having fabbers assist the factory during construction could be a way to have it autobuild after construction is complete... whereas it wouldn't autobuild if it wasn't being assisted... (?)
  4. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

My take on assisting:
    - If idle, the fabbers should assist the last structure they build (if its asistable) This way you can still queue up multiple factory's/nukes/anti's and the last one build would be assisted.
    - When assisting and the structure is not producing anything anymore, fabbers should switch to a next queued assist.
    This way you can assist multiple (anti)nukes , somethign we now have to do manually each time.

On nuke balance:
    - I liked supcom more where having a anti nuke usually ment you were pretty safe unless they took the antinuke out. (Anti's were that cheap) But there the experimentals were the endgame.
    Pa's current endgame often comes down to making more nukes then the enemy has anti nukes (when the smashables are gone or its your only planet ;) ) .
    With more effective anti nukes (pehaps a starwars laser system) the endgame focus could go to orbital lasers instead?
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

But nukes AND antinukes instantly queue up infinitely.
  6. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

this thread is about if that should change, or not... what do you think?
  7. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

No, this thread is about removing the pre loaded anti nuke to avoid confusion on its cost. The original post never mentioned removing the auto build function.
  8. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

The nuke launcher is going to have multiple nuke missiles eventually. So it can't come pre-loaded.

That's a non issue since it auto builds a missile.
    Quitch likes this.
  9. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

They already do that.
  10. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I...
    I know o_O
  11. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We are going to remove the pre-built missile and let it just queue it up.
    ORFJackal, ooshr32, stuart98 and 5 others like this.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It is actually faster this way as you've got the build power of the launcher as well as your millions of fabbers in it.
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

meh. Its more efficient, sure. Less nice for new players technically even if a buff. Some new players don't realize it came with a missile, but some won't know how to build and queue an assist afterwards. Also, technically, to queue an assist, now you either need more clicks or for the antinukevto be end of queue, a bot queued to assist a factory won't stop if ordered afterwards unless manually.