[REL] Economic Efficiency UI Mod

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by SatanPetitCul, October 8, 2013.

1. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Probably. A look at the source code would be useful. Now I'm at work and cannot check it - how about someone else? :)
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The big thing uber missed was the efficiency percent for each side of the economy. I used that a lot to see which side I needed to work on most.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Yeah absolutely, you may be -400 metal but it could be the power that is actually limiting your overall efficiency.
    stuart98 and zweistein000 like this.
  4. stiernspetz

stiernspetz New Member

This does not work with the current PA build unfortunately (63180)
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Is this working with the latest build (63234)?
  6. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

6324 was a server hotfix. If the mod doesn't work with 63180 that it likely doesnt with 63234
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

It wasn't missed. When I updated the econ bar I made each side clickable. Clicking on the metal or energy side toggles that side to show efficiency or net income. Unfortunately, making it a clickable panel caused issues in the UI, so I had to leave it un-clickable for now. Once the UI issues get resolved I can make it clickable again.

As far as the color scheme, it is CSS based. It was a toss-up between orange and blue for the overflow color and can be changed down the line easily enough. I have been wanting to see an update to the econ bar for a long time and had been using this mod because it was the closest to my own vision for what I wanted the econ bar to look like.
  8. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Is the code for the percentages in the current build and just not used or is it non-existent?
  9. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

The code to toggle the display of efficiency percentages is in the current build, I believe. The econ bar just does not accept mouse clicks at the moment.
  10. cptconundrum

So we can just remove the ignoremouse css class?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You also have to remove "no-input" from live_game.html. ;)
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

Thanks. I hadn't actually gone back to look at the code yet. That saves me some time.
  13. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

If you don't use ignoremouse, even parts of the UI that don't look like they're set to receive clicks (the shadows) will block clicks given to the holodeck. I've had that issue with the default econ bar for a while, though it may have been fixed in the recent patches.
  14. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

Orange for spoiling is a mistake.

Spoiling and stalling are different. Both are bad, but not in the same way (opposite actually), so the color code must show a distinguishing mark. Orange is too close from yellow and red. I think it would be better to use blue or fushia.
    cptconundrum, Quitch and cwarner7264 like this.
  15. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

wasting in PA is nearly as bad as stalling :p
  16. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I would say it is undeniably worse.
  17. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

I don't think so. It may be a cardinal sin for competitive play, but if you're stalling and don't fix your eco, your production will never match your opponent (unless their stalling). If you are wasting, you still have the capability of increasing your production.

Measuring someones stall by going from green to yellow to orange to red, makes a lot more sense than confusing the player with going above and below 100% efficiency by having similar colors. I like the blue idea as it still acts as a slight warning, but also doesn't give the idea that they shouldn't increase production, since they have the economy.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  18. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

BTW i updated my mod, is fully functionnal now.
    kryovow and cwarner7264 like this.
  19. pippyy

pippyy New Member

Hey, I have an idea for this mod.

It would be really good to see a bar which shows how much (percentage) of your eco is being spent on growing your eco, and how much is being spent on all other stuff. Going further, maybe showing how much is being spent on building factories and fabbers, vs military.

I have a feeling my strats might be too heavy on developing eco early on and hence I am vulnerable to early attack. If I had a bar like this it would help me understand what I am spending eco on, and how to adjust my spending.

Thoughts?

P.S. If I could get to the code (github?) I would be more than happy to implement what I mean and send a pull request...
    zaphodx likes this.
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The mod is the code though. If you look in the mod directory, all of the JavaScript files are there.
    I think the GitHub is here, but I'm not entirely sure if it's the most recent version since it's a month old while SatanPetitCul posted about an update only a week ago.