[REL] Anti-Popcorn Units

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by nixtempestas, August 26, 2014.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

With the discussion as to the popcorniness of units, I have cooked up a really simple mod to see how it works out.

The Goal:
    The purpose of this mod is to make fights last longer without overly breaking anything and staying as close to vanilla as possible

Current changes from vanilla:
    All units*, minus commander, x2 health increase
    point defenses x2 rate of fire
    All defenses, minus point defenses, + commander, x2 damage increase (includes splash damage)
    uber cannon slightly more than 2x, (1500), allowing it to one shot infernos as a means of dissuading painful inferno snipe early game (still quite possible though)

*Infernos + vanguards 1.5x vanilla
    combat fabbers vanilla health
    combat fabbers 2x range

v1.3.0
    com fabs returned to vanilla health levels
    single, double and triple laser turrets damage returned to vanilla
    single, double and triple laser turrets rate of fire doubled

If you see any issues/have some ideas, please post feedback below.

v1.3.6
    normally I don't mention consistency updates here but this one is particularly spectacular
    build: 76843
    removed com fab cost decrease (new value is now really cheap)

v1.4.0
    increased spinner ROF by 1.5x

v1.4.1
    corrected issue with anchor weapons now that the ground and orbital weapons have separate files

v1.4.2
    added mod_help.json for wondible's server mod chat bot

v1.4.4
    special PTE build for the save/load PTE (since it will probably be around for awhile)
    consistency pass, including air death aoe damage.
    update for 78737

v1.4.6
    consistency update for 82834

simply download the .zip and unpack it in your server_mods folder. Activate it through PAMM or manually modifying mods.json

Github repo for JSONShadow Tool
    https://github.com/lrolleman/JSONShadowTool
    Now Updated to be far less awful

Can anyone post some up to date instructions on how to host mods on PAMM?

EDIT: Now live on PAMM, any feedback is welcome keeping in mind the bounds of the goal mentioned above

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 11, 2015
    stuart98, ozonexo3 and trialq like this.
  2. trialq

trialq Post Master General

1) Make a github structured something like this one: https://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory

2) Find the latest commit hash. For the example above it's 43120c347c0364ad9c26ccb7235bd8fbc582b685, which makes the download zip link this: https://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory/archive/43120c347c0364ad9c26ccb7235bd8fbc582b685.zip

3) Clone the PAMM repository, add your mod by editing the modlist2.json and make a pull request. Here is the entry for the above example:
    Code:
    {
    "context": "client",
    "identifier": "com.pa.trialq.tAutoFactory",
    "author": "trialq",
    "version": "1.8.1",
    "display_name": "Auto Factory",
    "description": "Automatically build units with idle factories, when eco would otherwise be wasted",
    "build": "68767",
    "date": "2014/07/14",
    "forum": "https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-auto-factory.55995/",
    "category": [
    "in-game",
    "ui"
    ],
    "icon": "http://pamods.github.io/icons/tAutoFactory.png",
    "url": "https://github.com/trialq/tAutoFactory/archive/43120c347c0364ad9c26ccb7235bd8fbc582b685.zip"
    },
    4) Wait for someone to accept the pull request. Bug me if no one else has done it in a timely fashion. After a few commits someone should notice that you know what you're doing and let you push directly without having to wait for someone to accept.

edit: The PAMM repository is here: https://github.com/pamods/pamods.github.io

Also, if you want to make a news item, edit news.html
    nixtempestas likes this.
  3. nixtempestas

Alright, I put through the pull request, hopefully correctly
  4. trialq

Accepted the pull request, it's now on PAMM :)
    nixtempestas likes this.
  5. nixtempestas

Didn't take too long but how do you update a mod?
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I want to test and possibly stream this later tonight. Might take just a moment to fuse navalredux with this.

Honestly, I would expect it to be the best vanilla-based balance mod ever.

I didn't mention dox change, because dox can still be hit fairly without healability, while vehicles gain very hardcore healability.
  7. nixtempestas

right now it puts infernos and vanguards a bit OP as army killers, as they have no difficulty whatsoever closing to attack range.

next iteration of the mod I'm thinking dropping them to a 1.5x vanilla, with everything else still 2x. I also want to try increasing the range of the combat fabbers to make it more able to stay in range of front line units, though this may make infernos and vanguards psychotic. Will have to see.
  8. trialq

The same way you add a new one, except you edit your modlist2.json entry instead of creating a new entry.
  9. nixtempestas

Ya, that's what I figured it was, turns out my problem was github for windows being troublesome

thanks for the help :)
  10. thetrophysystem

I have Actionlist, JSONShadow, and ValueChanger .java's. How do I use them?
  11. trialq

Netbeans or eclipse are decent java IDEs. You'll likely be using them from the IDE itself, or creating a jar to run like a commandline program (I haven't checked the programs out yet).

If there is a jar supplied, you can run it from commandline with some like:

Code:
    java -jar theJarFile.jar parameter1 parameter2 ...
  12. thetrophysystem

Okay. I looked up cmd usage. Would that be viable here?
  13. trialq

If there's a jar yes, you wouldn;t even need the IDE. Otherwise you'll need the IDE to edit the .java to make it do what you want. I have to run now, hopefully someone can help if you're having trouble, or me later.
  14. thetrophysystem

I got it from here. Need is a strong word, I can see how to edit the .java. I will use an IDE anyway. Hopefully, it can help run it too lol.

EDIT: The PA action list does not have a main class....

Compiling 1 source file to C:\Kyle's Tools\PA Java Tools\PA Action List\build\classes
    C:\Kyle's Tools\PA Java Tools\PA Action List\src\pa\action\list\PAActionList.java:106: error: class, interface, or enum expected
    Status
    C:\Kyle's Tools\PA Java Tools\PA Action List\src\pa\action\list\PAActionList.java:113: error: illegal character: '\u00a9'
    © 2014 GitHub, Inc.
    Last edited: August 27, 2014
  15. nixtempestas

The main class is in JSONShadow.java, compiling that .java should compile the other two as well.

Or better yet, just load them in eclipse and hit run. Does it all for you.

Note, that version is out of date with a couple issues in it, I'll be posting a newer version soon.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  16. thetrophysystem

I used a grep. It listed all the files needing changes, and I spent about an hour flying through them with a calculator multiplying their magnitude of health and cost and dividing their magnitude of speed.
  17. nixtempestas

that works too.

I intend to perform rapid changes to this mod and I don't want to spend an hour each time.

changing stats right now takes about a minute to type out the changes in ActionList and less than a second to execute.

I've posted a newer, much more powerful version of the tool in the OP, which also contains a fix for a very dumb mistake. If people are actually interested in using it further and are having trouble using it let me know and I'll expand the documentation on it. I posted it originally on a whim and it was not really designed for user friendliness :)
  18. thetrophysystem

I could read through the code of the tool easily, that was not the problem. I was just having a bit of a problem using the tool either way though. Did you run it through a java packer so I can just mount and run it? I will check it out now, but thank you.

EDIT:
    run:
    Error: Could not find or load main class jsonshadow.JSONShadow
    Java Result: 1
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 0 seconds)
    Last edited: August 27, 2014
  19. nixtempestas

I literally copied the source code out of eclipse and that's it.

I'd pack it up in a jar but it would be kinda trivial since ActionList.java is what you change to get different results.

I could put that in a separate text file of course and read it in, but that is extra hassle and it would not make the formatting any nicer.

What OS are you running under? linux?

EDIT: javac JSONShadow.java compiled fine...
  20. thetrophysystem

I am running under Win7 64. I am using NetBeans IDE. Do you know how it would work under that?

This is what I currently have, feel free to tell me if I am wrong, I only code this stuff and rarely launch java that isn't already packaged :(

Attached Files: