PA Price and Uber Store

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jacob29, December 19, 2013.

1. jacob29

jacob29 Member

Two Things.

Firstly,

your store (https://store.uberent.com/Store/PreOrder?titleId=4) still says 'retail release in December' even though you have now stated it's coming when ready.

Secondly,

Why does this game cost so much on Steam? I've heard for Kickstarter parity but the prices don't match up at all. It was $40 for Beta in Kickstarter but $60 in steam?
  2. Zoliru

Zoliru Active Member

I think that extra 20 goes in steams pocket that's why im not sure btw
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I would guess steam is more expensive because it is steam. Ofc it is cheaper when you buy directly in the store of the developer. When you buy stuff directly from a factory it usually is cheaper as well ;)

So just buy at the Uber store and convert the Key to Steam if you want Steam :)
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

NO, it's the rewards of support, when you're investing because of trust only.
  5. jacob29

jacob29 Member

The uberstore ($45) also isn't on parity. Unless the extra $5 is intentional.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Consider what tatsujb said:
    People who payed 40$ on KS payed at a time where there was nothing playable. Only a video and promises. They trusted those promises and were rewarded for it.
    drz1 likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

8. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

I asked Garat about the $45, and it turns out that's because the game is on sale in the humble store at the moment, and if there is a sale somewhere, they match the price in the uber store. As soon as the sale ends, price parity will be back I guess.

Edit: and now the steam holiday sale as well. So after that.

Discussion done, back to blowing stuff up y'all!
    Last edited: December 19, 2013
  9. jacob29

jacob29 Member

back to parity? but the parity price is EVEN LOWER.

edit: perhaps I am getting confused but what I thought Uber were going for was for the steam/other prices to represent the Kickstarter prices.

Right now the Kickstarter cost for this stage was $40 or more for Beta access.

But Steam shows it at $60 (non-sale). Why add $20?

If it's just for the sake of more money, then why? It's really putting people off getting the game and not many games (I can't think of any) charge more for Beta then Release.
    Last edited: December 19, 2013
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The current prices are not representative of Kickstarter. This is a different phase. The Pre-Order phase. Since the start of the Pre-Order Phase (just shortly after the KC campaign was over) there were 5 packages. A $120 and $90 Alpha which half-way through Alpha was discounted to $70 and the extras gained from the $120 package removed. The was also a $60 Beta package and lastly a $40 Pre-Order package which is no longer available.

Whether it was bought through KS or Pre-Order you got the same basic extras except for the exclusive Commander. Both Kickstarter and Pre-Order come with their own, unique Commander exclusive to each. This is the key reason why they are two different offers.

Currently the $60 Pre-Order offer is going on Sale in various parts of the internet.

Also you're not really "paying more for Beta." With the current offers you are also getting the Full Game, Full Game Soundtrack (which I would personally value at around $10-$15). Exclusive in-game Commander, Game Art Wallpaper. Many games offer Pre-Order packages before official release.
  11. quigibo

quigibo Member

It just means that the $60 version of beta (which is what I payed on uber site) is the most updated price that steam has received for the game...as far as valve knows that is the current price (correct me if I'm wrong).