Odd FPS issues, relating to the UI.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by steelhawk92, January 12, 2017.

1. steelhawk92

steelhawk92 New Member

In the mainmenu I hit anywhere from 200-300fps. However the moment I hover over any UI buttons, the FPS drops and tanks to around 10-20 and has a huge delay/latency. (Verified with inbuilt games fps monitor and such, along with Steams UI FPS counter, which I know to be accurate)

I've tried, windowed, fullscreen, lowering all options to minimum and back up to maximum, droping res sampling to half my native. (4k is my native), checked incompatible software. (I have nothing on that list on my system) I also did a clean/cold boot with only windows essentials and the issue persists and remains. Disabled the Steam Overlay entirely, checked that I have zero mods installed, reinstalled and cleaned all instances of the game over and over from every possible location. (Including registry etc) and onwards the list goes.

Figured perhaps it was just an inconsistency within the menus. Got in game, on planet landing selection 150fps, as soon as commander was set to drop I cannot go above 13 or so fps, AT ALL. Regardless of Max or minimum settings or ANY other tweak. Disabled overlays, reenabled overlays, and the UI ALSO lags just as terribly ingame.

So any insight would be wonderful. Cause I'm not entirely sure why I cannot run this game at all, or what is causing the issue.

Specs:

Intel I5 760 @ 3.0ghz,
    8 GB DDR3 ram (2800mhz? I think?)
    Radeon R9 390 DD XFX Black (8GB)

Latest drivers installed and so forth. I can run most games pretty damn high considering, even at a 4k res at like 30-40FPS (Fallout 4, ATS and ETS, Elite Dangerous, Total War games, etc etc etc.)

So again any insight or suggestions would be fantastic, cause I see no reason why hovering over UI buttons or having a single unit on screen would cause the game to become unplayable. Which is a shame, because I was really hoping to have some fun with this and relive some old TA memories but with interplanet warfare.

Thanks
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General