No window callbacks other than mouse position

Discussion in 'Support!' started by RealTarget, August 6, 2014.

1. RealTarget

RealTarget New Member

Please flame me if this is already in a thread, but for about a month I get an odd issue occasionally after I set units to patrol the entire planet.

I am running Linux Mint, I have a Roccat mouse, and an Asus ROG 750JWK - I think the only relevant part is Linux.

Once the command is issued, any movement of the mouse creates the square select window. I cannot click or use the keyboard. I can zoom using my mouse wheel but I cannot scroll or rotate the planet. No keyboard means I can't quick-key anywhere.

I am running windowed, and can alt-tab to another window, all features work fine. I can also click the close window X in the upper corner.

As the selection window moves over units they highlight but I cannot select anything. I can zoom and place the cursor directly on something (if the corner of the box is over it) and the cursor will make an assist or repair icon as if I have a repair unit selected.

This has happened mostly when setting fabbers to planet build, or factories to patrol the planet. I cannot remember it happening for any other planetary commands, but can't rule it out.

The planet list icons in the upper right has a planet other than mine highlighted, but of course I cannot get there to see if somehow I am linked there.

I wonder if this bug is related to orbital fabbers being told to build something on a remote planet causing them to build on their home planet - the work around is to tell the fabbers to go to the other planet first then queue up the build.
    shootall likes this.
  2. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

Coherent UI crash.
  3. RealTarget

RealTarget New Member

Seems to be a type mis-match during the command.

Attached Files:

4. RealTarget

RealTarget New Member

And another - this time without the select rectangle tied to the mouse pointer. Maybe these help?

Attached Files:

5. gerii

gerii Member

6. RealTarget

RealTarget New Member

Thanks - not sure I am ready for single processor mode though. And my system is a bit newer than all of those, so I think this is truly a bug in the Linux release.

The thread helped though, I have noticed I only crash when I am in a hurry - so it might be a select window drawn with a unit at the corner of the window.

Will have to test that theory when my team mates are not relying on me.
  7. gerii

gerii Member

It is, unfortunately the bug resides in the Coherent UI middleware which Uber can't fix themselves.
  8. RealTarget

RealTarget New Member

Unless Coherent issued an update simultaneously with Uber, I think this is a Linux version bug of Uber software. Things worked fine until a release a month ago.

Does Coherent update when PA does?
  9. gerii

gerii Member

The bug has been there for a few months, it just gets triggered much more often since the first PTE release after 69721.