New video interview with Jon Mavor & Bob Berry

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by xfreezy, September 5, 2013.

1. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

Hey guys,

I met Jon Mavor (with girlfriend) and Bob Berry on GamesCom and recorded an interview for our german RTS community sites united-forum.de and cnc-inside.de. Don't worry, the interview is in english (only the first 20s are in german). Please excuse the bad audio, our microfone turned out to be damaged. Oh and there was no preparation, so everything is improvised :)

Fun fact: We invited Jon and Bob to the EA Community Party where all the C&C community leaders met, was cool to infiltrate that event with PA :D

Full german report can be read on our site:
    http://www.cnc-inside.de/planetary-annihilation/exklusivinterview-mit-uber-entertainment-1210
    Aswell as a summary what information regarding PA we got:
    http://www.cnc-inside.de/planetary-annihilation/die-erkenntnisse-vom-uber-abend-1209

We post german PA news regularly on our site.

Greets,
    freezy
  2. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Also we were drinking at the same time ;)
    EdWood and Clopse like this.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Thank for video, it's interesting answer about post-release monetization model and I'm don't remember if neutrino already said about that anywhere else. :)
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

He did somewhere in the forums, but not in an official announcement afaik. The exact details are still out in the open.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

For those interested in the discussion surrounding that, read through the entirety of this thread. A few things to keep in mind;

This thread is from May, it's not really old, but don't consider anything as rock solid proof.

Read everything, Dev comments don't show up until about halfway through.

Mike
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  6. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

It's going to be interesting to see how the community grows for this game. Currently there's a limited amount of players in the alpha, completely intentional of course, but I am really curious to see how this is going to pick up at beta and release.

Gaming as a platform seems a good idea as long as the base game leaves a good enough impression so that the community feels like it's something they can invest in. The release schedule seems tight even though I am amazed of how fast Uber Entertainment works.

If users are allowed to sell mods, then I sincerely hope that mods are sold for proper value and that it's still possible for free mods advertise themselves across that very same platform.
  7. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Thanks for the interview, the best so far. Hopefully the community will take advantage of the "game as a platform". When i see all the stuff which has been made by TA community, i guess there's an incredible potential for building the best RTS ever made so far, because to me, TA still is the best, and PA is here to make this dream come true once again.
  8. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

@ Bob Berry, "agriculture simulator" or "building site" simulator, and others of those really low budget simulation games, selling for 10€ or sth are the most sold video games in germany, nearly every year. I dont know anyone who buys them, but obviously they must be here. So they are "huge"^^

look here for example :D http://www.simuwelt.de/
  9. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Well my parents just bought some of those for my nephew and he loves those. :)
  10. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Thanks for that Mike. Really interesting discussion. And amusing in places too.

10/10 would read again ;)
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

thanks for this. I apreciate any and all media bieng shared like this.
  12. kalherine

kalherine Active Member