1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

not nothing, but 9/10 clicks don't go through for it.
  2. amuhrer

amuhrer New Member

yeah dies on linux at the same place
    mint 15
    intel graphics
  3. mrqasq

mrqasq Member

I on the other hand have better gameplay. Game is much smoother than before. I play on the lowest settings, and I see more details. I played 8player lava map (which I won :D) there were nukes, a lot of mobs, pelter shots, I even tried new t2 bombers. This game rocks now ppl! I can't wait for my new gear to arrive, maybe I'll try better settings. Oh one more thing. Game is now always rendering nuke animation, both smoke during flight and mushroom + circle and smoke after hit. This wasn't the case before :) So much improvements.

What I'd like to see in upcoming versions is - new sound notifications. For now any unit/building being attacked has same sound. This is not satifactionary for me. I'd like to have it diffrentiate like in C&C games i.e. Base under attack, Unit ready, Unit lost, New technology etc. Also it would be sometimes good to have special unit sounds, but this is just cosmetics. Also I'd like to see energy and metal storages, to be able to upgrade them same way as metal extractors can be. For now it's great to just spam 3x3 field of those, and forget, but than it could be much faster to not - work around existing buildings, but build 3-4 layers on the same spot. This could be easily reasoned - you save place in ur base, but you're risking losing it to 1 snipe.

Just something worth disscusing I think?

Bart
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I also have to click a lot slower to get patrol to work.
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

7. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

hope sum new units coming sooon =()
    Last edited: December 19, 2013
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

We are working through to try and finalize the unit roster. We have some cool documentation along those lines I want to release in Jan.
    thetrophysystem, pownie, drz1 and 5 others like this.
  9. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Gunsh.........?
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I very much like the sound of this.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. peewee1000

peewee1000 Member

Here it is: Screenshot from 2013-12-19 11:12:16.png
    varrak likes this.
  12. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Weird but I am actually more thrilled to see that documentation than the units :D
    thetrophysystem and stormingkiwi like this.
  13. varrak

varrak Official PA

Thanks! That's useful information. It looks like you're frame is limited on the client's update pass rather than the rendering (if you look at the first capture, you have 2 sections: "Update" and "Present". The "Present" section is the rendering code, the "Update" is the frame's data update. If it were rendering only, you'd be at a good 30+fps; however, the update is the bottleneck here.
    We'll definitely look into this and see where the time's going. Thanks for sharing!
  14. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I was surprised to see people complaining of performance issues, this (for me) has been one of the best builds yet in terms of performance.
  15. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

I second that.
  16. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Looks like "other" is the problem. ;)
    varrak likes this.
  17. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

We hotfixed the patrol click problem. Basically if you clicked too fast you might accidentally create a drag "area command" for patrol that doesn't exists, resulting in nothing added to the queue. We added a time and distance thresholds to improve this.
    And when I say, "too fast," I mean if you have a super sensitive mouse it could happen even while you were being careful.
    stormingkiwi and pownie like this.
  18. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

neutrino: thanks for the heads up! I wanted to shoot a quick question to you/Uber that we've been discussing in another thread. Will Uber add in underwater bases? I think it was asked a looong time ago. We all love being able to finally build on water but if underwater bases were possible it would open up another level of warfare....Anyways Have an Uber Christmas/New Years!
  19. varrak

varrak Official PA

Yes, that ever-elusive "other". Time to go see what falls in that bucket ;)
  20. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

All too much probably. But it's ever the way.
    Right now my job is to try and gather doco to close-out 5+ year old technical deviations from another part of the business that seem to file most of their drawings under "Misc". :rolleyes: