Need Help

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xren23, July 10, 2017.

1. xren23

xren23 New Member

Hi,

Need some help. I have been playing PA for a week or so now but the other day I stopped being able to play against an AI. I end up just having the loading page running forever.
    I've tried everything I can think of to fix the issue, even reinstalling, but no luck. I've uploaded a DxDiag.txt file as well as my most recent logs.

Please help,

Thanks,

Mat

Attached Files:

2. xren23

xren23 New Member

Actually, I can't play anything now, no matter what I do, I always get frozen on the same page.
    Please help,

Mat
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

The local server cannot load any files from the media directory. Client seems OK.

That could be caused by any of the following:
    • antivirus / security software blocking the server (most likely)
    • corrupted install / file permissions (less likely as client seems able to access)
    Start with a full reinstall using delete local game content then re-downloading.
  4. xren23

xren23 New Member

Thanks, but I've already tried reinstalling after a complete and thorough delete/uninstall. I've also tried disabling my firewall / anti-virus protenctions etc. No luck I'm afraid.

Thank you for your comment, but I'm still unable to play :/

Mat
  5. xren23

xren23 New Member

Every time I try to play I get to "Accessing World Simulation", and then it just sits there looking like it's loading. A 'cancel' button appears and I wait. I waited 20 minutes at one point, so this isn't something to just wait out. My gaming laptop has no problem whatsoever with any other games. This was working fine earlier but for some reason now just refuses to function properly. I'm gutted because this is a really good game and I want to play it more but I'm locked out.
    This morning I tried again to fully uninstall, using IObit uninstaller. I disabled firewalls / other security that may disrupt the internet connection, still nothing. This is getting frustrating.
  6. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

You'll need to track down what is blocking the local server from loading files like version.txt and buildid.txt. It needs access to those files and the media directory:
    Check the file permissions. Did you install PA or move files as a different user?

Try starting a server manually:
    Until resolved if you want to play then turn off the local server:
    • settings > server > local server > off
  7. xren23

xren23 New Member

Thanks, I changed the server settings and everything is fine now. I still have no idea what's causing the issue but for now I can play offline which is great :D

Thank you,

Mat