Laggy UI?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by adamjohnson, June 15, 2017.

1. adamjohnson

adamjohnson New Member

Hello, I just got the game a couple of days ago and I have to say, I love it. The ONLY one thing I don't like about this game is that it's UI is laggy and seems to run at a much lower fps than the actual game. The game runs really well on my computer, except for the UI. Is this a problem other people have and is it possible I can fix it?

It does affect my gameplay because I have to wait for the UI to respond in order to build a building for example. Thanks for any help you can give me!
  2. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Make sure you use your proper GPU for everything. I think my pc used to use the integrated GPU for the UI. Check GPU config. Also update your drivers etc
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Can you please post a dxdiag report for your machine? That would allow us to check if there is anything obviously wrong.

The UI can be a bit slow late game (but usually so is the frame rate). It's usually pretty responsive the rest of the time though. The one exception being when entering a lobby- the game loads the planets up in the background which uses all cpu cores available- so the game tends to be slow at that point.

Once in game it should be fast though. As gmase says if you have a system with dual gpu's (a laptop for example) the UI could even be running on integrated as it runs as a separate process to the rest of the game.