Internal Playtest – Changes to Basic & New Grenadier Bot – The Dox is Saved! – 4/29

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, April 30, 2014.

1. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Super sweet.

I'm not aware if that's new thing or you've seen it before, but did you notice the increased distance between Laser Turrets when built in line?

Minute ~1:20''.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

He might be using a mod, but if that's already in, then that's awesome!
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Someone else commented on that... there's a mod that does that. So it may be a mod, it may be in the game. We'll see what Uber says.
  4. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

It all looks very nice. The Rocket appears a bit overkill with the additional thrusters, but of course it takes a ton of lift to bring stuffs in the Orbit :D (I liked more the previous, simpler design, though).

However, it still seems overly trivial to lock down a planet with air. It's just a matter of a minute or two, and you have already the upper hand, specially if you build an Air factory, and some bombers first.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It always will be like this. Especially T2 Air.
  6. valheria

valheria Active Member

I love the changes they did to the AI in this latest build.. very aggressive expansion now so you can no longer take the mickey when fighting multiple hard AI as you now actually have to fight contested planets if you don't want to smash moons into them or wiping them out with nukes or laser sats. One thing i will moan about as always (sorry) is the changes they did to the UI concerning multiple defence turret placements..

I think they should add a system in the main menu where you can customize how your drag and drop builds are done (unless its already in the works) because the current space between turrets is insane.. its not even remotely safe.
    You have to spend precious seconds adding secondary turrets to the defence line all because of the interface.. step backwards if you ask me (which no one did hehe)
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Makes me wonder though, and I know this is only loosely related, but would a one-way astraeus make things better in any way?
    What stops you from building say 3 astraeuses and sending one to each planet? Sure it'd cost some more metal but it'd still be very easy.
  8. brianpurkiss

I imagine we'll have some form of better way to place turrets eventually.

It increases the investment and time. It was more of a deal when the Astraeus cost a lot thouhgh.
  9. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

I changed the spacing of the towers.
    I also changed the spacing of anti-nukes and umbrellas so if you area build them on a planet something reasonable happens (with slightly overlapping coverage).
  10. metabolical

metabolical Uber Alumni

Strategic icons are now drawn as particles, which means all of them are done in one draw call, which means much faster client performance and better frame rate. Yay @varrak!
    LavaSnake, dukyduke, drz1 and 8 others like this.
  11. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

The tanks are an interesting change, i think uber wants to push for us using tanks as the bulk of the army, + infernos now take 2 hits by Uber Cannon instead of one (last i checked it was 800 correct me if im wrong) now infernos are much butter early game because they dont get so easily voided by comm. And i love that factories can now queue through Teleporters! the changes are indeed very interesting
  12. brianpurkiss

Nice! That's an excellent area build.

Hellz yeah. I love performance updates that give us improvements to gameplay all in one. :)
  13. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Is that change done in the PTE?
  14. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

They seem aligned with the pixels on the screen now, which makes moving icons a bit jiggery, especially for slow units, but that's not a problem. The good thing about that is that they are no longer blurry, but pixelated instead.

What I've also noticed is the fact that you guys fixed the zoom issue! (in the PTE) Icons now appear depending on a distance from the surface of a planet instead of a percentage. No longer do you need to zoom very far to get them appear on large planets! yay! :)

I hope these are actual changes, not me imagining things.