Increase Orbit-Height

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Perahoky, March 7, 2015.

1. Perahoky

Perahoky New Member

Hi,

I'm playing PA a few weeks now.
    But from beginning, I think the orbit isn't high enough.
    To defend the orbit above my base, I have a huge amount of avengers patrolling the orbit above my base (that's an example for the problem).
    07-03-2015 03-20-53.jpg
    When I now zoom out to search something or to select my army, I see some of the avengers flashing around the sight and thats really irritating, because they are so huge on the screen. Even I select some of the avengers and first need to unselect them. As well as I need to zoom in when the orbital factories above my base are in sight and so on...
    07-03-2015 03-17-17.jpg
    Maybe, there is another solution for this problem. for example don't show the orbital's if the zoom is under a specific level or don't select both orbitals AND planetary units (and do not show them)...
    07-03-2015 03-14-27.jpg

Please improve the (sight-)seperation between orbitals and planetaries.
    I don't want so see/select orbitals, if there is just for 1 enough place on the screen...
    Maybe bind it to the orbit-shell setting.
    07-03-2015 03-23-03.jpg

Thank you,
    Pera
    lapsedpacifist, xankar, s03g and 3 others like this.
  2. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

It's not actually the height of the orbit what you want increased, but the near plane culling. Means that stuff needs a minimum distance to the camera before it gets displayed.
  3. mrchris2000

mrchris2000 Member

And selection modifiers so he can just select land units regardless of what's in the selection box.
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Or an option to just toggle orbital units off/on altogether, but increasing the height/culling distance would certainly be nice. It actually puts me off big orbital games these days because the interface gets so cluttered and fiddly.
    cola_colin likes this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

very much this.
    The orbital stuff should be higher and the when zoomed out far enough to see it it should grey out ground icons and only allow you to select orbital units
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  6. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Yeah the orbital control is still really messed up, it's a real pain trying quickly grab units without selecting some in the wrong layer. Not sure I'd ever use a toggle tbh, I'd be too scared I'd miss something. Maybe you could toggle selection of orbital without actually hiding the units? Still sounds very fiddly though...
  7. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

8. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Amen
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General