Grat game but only 10-20 fps

Discussion in 'Support!' started by blockbuste, September 27, 2013.

1. blockbuste

blockbuste New Member

Hey

First i have to say great game [...], for what i was able to play! My Problem is i get only 10-20 fps, while playing with 2 planets and only 5-10 fps, while playing with 6 or more planets.

My computer must be fast enough, i also downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers!
    Uploaded a dxdiag textfile! Maybe somone who had the same problem can help me!
    I also noticed that the textures of the planets load very slow is this normal?

Thanks for help!

Attached Files:

2. Cultasare

Cultasare New Member

We have very similar computers,
    I have this exact issue as well. I can't figure it out.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As long as we know mostly everyone in Uber office use Nvidia video cards, I'm totally sure they know about that problem.
  4. blockbuste

blockbuste New Member

Iam sorry for you but good to hear iam not alone! Hope we or somone else can find a solution!
  5. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Make sure you turn shadows off (not to low). There is even a command line option to turn off trees and rocks:
    --nofeatures

We had the game running at 60 fps on worse hardware just before beta. Lots of new stuff had to come online to smash planets, and that tanked the fps again. The fps will probably improve dramatically once the build stabilizes.
    drz1 likes this.
  6. slappdaddy

slappdaddy New Member

My brother and I have very similiar system builds except for the video cards. His card is an older Nvidea GTS 250 whereas my pc has a:
    MSI R7850 Twin Frozr OC AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/2xMiniDisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card R7850 TWIN FROZR 2GD5/OC

I have no performance issues at all except for when the game has over 1000 units spamming out. His will bog down after 30 mins of play or so...
  7. blockbuste

blockbuste New Member

Thanks but shadows are off, nothing changes where can i find the command line?
  8. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

I would like to know where the command line is also, how do i turn the features off?
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

If you using steam you can add "--nofeatures" to game launch options, google it.

If you using Uber launcher you can create link to PA.exe and add "--nofeatures" to it.
  10. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Add no features where?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Google this "create shortcut command line options windows".
  12. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Ok Created a shortcut, and can't find the command line stuff, googles not helping, anyone else?
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

14. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

15. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's pretty easy to find this information man. ;)
    I'm really trying to help everyone when it's required, but sometimes you can do it yourself. Creating of shortcut it's not rocket science.
  16. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

Thats cool, don't lie though and say google it, when i did and it didn't bring up the result you brought up, i guess you really just need to think about what you say before you call people a liar, alright? Good man.
  17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Don't take it too serious ;)

I just want drop a hint that you're probably need to spend few more minutes and do that yourself.
  18. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

You didn't drop any hints though, you just said to check google, and i did, then called me a liar, i posted the link so you can check yourself. But it's alright, the internet allows you to comment like that.

Here, let me show you how it's done.

Hi Blockbuste, what you need to do is create a shortcut, dump it on your desktop, and right click it, click the shortcut tab, and look where it says target, that's the 'command line', put '--nofeatures' after it, click apply, and start the game that way. (or whatever the advice is)

See? That wasn't so hard now was it? :rolleyes:
    SXX likes this.
  19. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I know that google result differs for different users, but there is tons of manuals for Windows.

If I did it this way then you won't able to help somebody else. :p

So it's worked just fine. ;)
  20. ulciscor

ulciscor Active Member

You obviously missed the bit where i put..(or whatever the advice is)

Had to fill it with something, also if you knew the google results differ, why call me a liar? I could forgive you for ignorance of that, but it's pretty basic knowledge to be honest, you know..that google results differ.