Gamma Livestream Question Thread

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, February 26, 2014.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Seriously, do I need to put smilies on every single post I do when I tease someone about a long standing joke?
    cdrkf, zweistein000, Antiglow and 8 others like this.
  2. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

Aye, that'd make things more clear.
    Btw, you know I was kiddin' :p
  3. superouman

superouman Post Master General

NO!

:)

Are the orchestral soundtracks going to be released at the gamma launch or during the gamma phase?
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Its too late @zweistein000, there already here. They have already turned @garat against us.:eek:

if the aliens get to @sorian We are screwed.
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

[​IMG]

If you don't understand this image, please travel back to 1991 and start watching the X-files please.
    cdrkf, corteks, lokiCML and 2 others like this.
  6. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

I KNEW IT, :p
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Pick one :
    that long promised pass on icons and the one on scale.

must address. is it still a yes? has work started? where's it at? will it be in the initial gamma patch?

for the icons what about integration to f5 refresh. It's one of the rare parts of the game that can't be modded live there are now a multitude of available icon mods, a user should be allowed to try them out by ticking one pressing f5, unticking, ticking the next, pressing f5, ect...
    They are still scaled down by two pixels wide and two pixels tall (actually maybe 2.1 pixels) the icons are blurry and cannot be pixel perfect as a result of this. will this clumsy bit of code be at last cleansed in Gamma?

will the icon fusion/combine and base naming ideas be included?

future queuing idea. the idea that you could use shift not to queue up not ½ generation ahead but an unlimited amount of generations ahead. Every placed structure wireframe be a selectable entity and so be their build queue units. yes/no?

there's been talk that Uber did in fact want for a more extensive intel delivered by radar and sonar like I argued for in this thread is this true? will there at least be 4 separate classes of radar blips including the structures as was the case in SupCom? and sticky ID's as long as the continum of power hasn't been broken?

Will HDR make a strong return as when it first came out? I believe it was the patch right after HDR came out the night side of the planet was truly dark and the day side bright. I loved the way it was then, people complained because they didn't understand headlights were coming to counteract this. now it has been patched away and night and day are quite literally the same (compared to the old HDR). Will a level of contrast that is the same or even stronger be back for HDR? (hint: it makes PA look fabulous).

I'm a long time fan of good audio. it seems most of the sound effect are positional if not all including the biome sounds. will there be 5.1/7.1 outputs for PA that utilize this positional audio?
    Last edited: February 27, 2014
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

It's like you add five years to your age every time you reference something :p
  9. Quitch

1. Assuming there's some Elo style rating system being used for the ladder, what system are you using? Elo? Glicko? TrueSkill?

2. Which mods, if any, have had the biggest influence on your design?

3. What are your current top priorities for release next?

4. Mavor mentioned in the previous livestream increasing the player cap having a higher priority following the level of interest shown by the community. Will this be soon or Soon(TM)?

5. Has the rock biome been abandoned? How about we reach back to TA and use crystal instead?

6. How fleshed out is the concept of Galactic War at this point?

7. Do you have any plans in place to make a human & AI team work better than in your average RTS?

8. Does Mavor know sorian's real name yet?

9. How final is the new UI?

10. What has the biggest hurdle been so far?

11. What has the most frustrating thing been so far?

12. With multi-planetary starts incoming, are there features or units you feel need implementing still to make this work well?

13. How much more performance do you anticipate being able to squeeze out of optimisations?

14. Will subs be making a return?

15. Do you feel allowing so many buildings to be built on water (which are also available on land) lessens its distinctiveness as a terrain feature?

16. Have all terrain features been implemented and is verticality where you want it to be?

17. Do you plan to tweak HDR more following additional light sources being added to units and buildings?

18. What do you want the community to do more of? What do you want the community to do less of?

19. Is it a coincidence that Brad looks like the Uber logo?

20. What does your perfect date with me look like?

21. Can we get access to the test planet?

22. Will you remember this topic this time? ;)

23. Is all the orchestral music coming in at once or will it be phased in?

24. Was the entire soundtrack in the game already in synth form?
    Last edited: February 26, 2014
    cmdrflop, cdrkf, fr2ed and 5 others like this.
  10. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

that's longish
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

wvfTu.png
  12. Quitch

The only thing I've managed to get read out in the livestreams previously are jokes, but not this time!!
    stuart98 and LavaSnake like this.
  13. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

Will you add an asteroid belt like in the Kickstarter Trailer?
    Or will we have to design it in the system manager? (btw. its pretty impossible now)
    corteks likes this.
  14. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

+1 to "will you remember to actually read this"
    stonewood1612 likes this.
  15. chronosoul

chronosoul Well-Known Member

stormingkiwi, Taxman66 and mered4 like this.
  16. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The Big Question:

What do you visionaries have in mind for the end of gamma? That is, what do you see the game looking like by the time it is over? Will it be feature-complete? Or will it be *everything but the really really hard stuff*?

Less Big Questions (but still big):

1. Does Gamma mean the start of a marketing campaign for release? (please say no)
    2. Does Gamma change anything about how Uber looks at their game besides *we are closer than yesterday.* I'm referring to the development process here, not just feel-good fuzzies.
    3. When will Sniper Bots be replaced with something that more fits with the bot archtype, like maybe hoverbots?
    4. Are there any new factories planned or will we be sitting with the vehicle/bot/air/naval that we have now at release?
    5 Are there any new ground units planned besides the torpedo bomber?
    6. If, at release, you could dedicate most of your slaves loyal workers to making multi-unit transports, how long do you guys think it would take to complete?
    7. If you stopped everything and started hacking away at the problem of the unit cannon, could you have it done by the end of March? *theoretical question*
    ----------------------------------------------------
    8. How many commander ideas do you guys have on the table but not shown to us yet?
    9. Why does garat let Zaphod win all the time? Can I win too?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    SUBMARINE SECTION. REBREATHER REQUIRED
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. We only have one type of sub in the works for each tech level. Are more planned?
    11. When the sub fab comes back, can it be a combat fab? That would be cool. It never built anything useful anyway.
    12. Do you have a model submarine in a fishtank in the office yet for testing? (this is an important step in the development process and should not be ignored)
    13. Does anyone at Uber like Submarines?
    ORFJackal and spicyquesidilla like this.
  17. broadsideet

broadsideet Active Member

Are we going to move away from the tiered/upgrade system to the basic=well-rounded and adv=specialized, or is that no longer going to happen?
  18. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Will different biomes have different unit restrictions? For example, a popular idea is "no air units on moons" due to no atmosphere. Indeed, will gas giants still be orbital only?
  19. Mosse

Mosse Member

Will the Naval AI part be added at the start of Gamma or is further down the pipeline?
    stuart98 and drz1 like this.
  20. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

Will galactic warfare be in Gamma?

Will the unit cannon show up?
    hahapants and stuart98 like this.