Game crash after loading v80462

Discussion in 'Support!' started by LawaBoy, May 16, 2015.

1. LawaBoy

LawaBoy New Member

Having major issues after they came out with version 80462. Me and a friend both have the same issues, in main menu the game kinda lags for no reason even though we both have 100+ fps. When we go into a new menu screen the game uses like 20 sec to get there, before the patch it was like instant.

And as well the game can crash 4/5 times easy when I try join my friends lobby.

Whats going on?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Did you both happen to install software from the following list by any chance?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
  3. LawaBoy

LawaBoy New Member

Greetings DeathByDenim

I asked my friend and I have check my own system and neither of the issues listed there comes to either of us.

I have no idea what they did with the game since the last patch but this is kinda scary if its gonna suddenly require a lot more from my computer when I could run the game with maxed out graphics before the patch.

But now it barely runs on medium or low.

I dont know what to do now. Maybe its a bug somewhere and I just need to wait for the fix.

Thanks alot for the quick answer :D
  4. DeathByDenim

Yeah, it's kind of odd. Uber added a lot of optimizations in the mean time, so it should be faster, not slower. :)

Could you upload a DxDiag.txt? You can make one by pressing <WinKey>+R, typing "dxdiag", and pressing "Save All Information...". You can upload the resulting file here using the "Upload a File" button on this forum.
  5. LawaBoy

LawaBoy New Member

Hey again,
    Me and my friend has found the issue with the computers. We both are usin the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mother board, different CPUs, I got the i7-4790 and I noticed something strange on both our computers. The Processord is only running at 800Mhz instead of 3.6Ghz.

Now why this is happening I am not sure off, but I will come back and tell you why at a later point when I find out why this is happening.
  6. DeathByDenim

It's the power saving feature. The processor will jump to 3.6GHz when needed, so that's shouldn't really matter. For example, I have an i7-3632QM, which is clocked at 2.2 GHz, but it's currently running at just 1.2 GHz to save power, which is fine.

You can play with it though. It can be found under Start, Control Panel, Power Options. This should give you the option to select a power plan. Choose "High Performance" there, and see if it make a difference. There may also be a CPU powersaving option in the BIOS depending on the motherboard. I'm not sure which BIOS MSI uses.

But yeah, the processor should automatically clock at 3.6GHz if a lot of CPU power is required.
  7. LawaBoy

LawaBoy New Member

Greetings again, I found the answer.

After some research I found that after MSI CMOS or BIOS update to version 1.90 windows 8.1 somehow follows the minimum processing power from settings in the Power Options for windows 8.1.

I opened my Control panel -> Power Options -> Change Plan Settings -> Change advanced power settings.

Scrolled down to Processor power management

Opened "Minimum processor state".

This setting is set to 5% by default. I reset it to 100% and then the cpu went from 800Mhz (0.8Ghz) to 4000 Mhz (4Ghz).

Seems to have fixed the problem :D Thanks for the help anyways.
    DeathByDenim, mkrater and cdrkf like this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Runs fine with power savings on my msi gaming 5 with version 1.90 though, so it could be a bios setting.

If you want to save energy you could try setting your bios to default setting because with your min cpu speed at 100% it means your processor is always running at full speed, even when it is doing nothing. Which can use up to 10 a 15 watt when idling but an automatically downclocked processor can run at 1 or 2 watt, where it runs on one underclocked core. But if you don't mind the extra power usage and want all performance you can get, keep it at 100% ;)

Also bios version 1.A0 is now available which might also solve the problem, although my MSI Live Updater seems to have problems downloading it.
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    DeathByDenim likes this.