Galactic War Feedback

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nillabomb, December 5, 2014.

1. nillabomb

nillabomb New Member

Been playing the galactic war for a day or two now and here is some of my feedback:

1. I conquered most of the galaxy after many hours of gameplay. I fought one of the other factions on their home planet and lost. War is now over? What about all the hours I put into playing before... progress is just gone? That seems a bit harsh doesn't it? It's like having hardcore mode in diablo 3 be the default. Kinda frustrating!

2. I found the upgrade tech process to also be frustrating. I would explore a system, have to ditch a tech, only to explore an adjacent system and find another tech slot upgrade. Now there is no way to get my deleted tech back!

I think it would be less frustrating to redesign the meta-game tech to allow users to choose their upgrade path. For instance, if you win a battle you could get tech points that the player could then choose how to spend in an upgrade tree. If they want to build advanced vehicle factories, let them spend it there. If they want advanced orbital, let them spend it there. If they want better defense or offence on their commander, let them spend it there. That way the player has some control instead of just being totally random. The player could spend the tech points in areas that interest him most.

Thanks!
    Nullimus and galaxyisos like this.
  2. langersuk

langersuk New Member

1. Yes this is the case. Think of it as a roguelike game. There is a way out however. If you are about to lose if you alt-F4 then restart the game you will be able to start that map again. Bit cheaty but hopefully once we get saves this wont be an issue.

2. I hate this too, never a fan of RNG. My suggestion is to install the Mod Manager https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-pa-mod-manager-v4-0-3.50726/ and install "Section of Research and Exploration". This will display what tech the planet will yield before you go to it. You can then plan your route around the Galaxy more strategically. This will result in an easier game so it might be worth increasing the difficulty.

Whilst you are at it it you could also install "Section of Foreign Intelligence" which will similarly show you the relative AI difficulty and number of the enemies.

Hope that helps :)
    bengeocth likes this.