Faction Update: Faction 2 Name And Leader

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 5, 2013.

1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

[​IMG]

Creating a universe is hard. Naming the stuff we’ve put in it is a challenge, too.

After a couple of weeks, hundreds of posts, four polls, some head-scratching, and oodles of spirited discussions, we’ve finally settled on what we’ll call the second faction and its leader. We’ve also nailed down the symbol. Thanks for all the support and effort — your help makes this universe as much yours as it is ours.

The second faction name is … The Foundation. If you’ve been following this process, you’ve no doubt noticed that we ended up running multiple polls filled with possible names. We wanted to make sure that we gave everyone a voice and that we offered the best options. Considering how resoundingly The Foundation won, we’re guessing we put up a name that most of us can agree is awesome.

The Foundation’s leader’s name is … Inquisitor Nemicus. That’s a combination of two names people in our exclusive backer’s message board liked, and we thought it was a fitting name overall. Nemicus has the feel we were looking for.

[​IMG]

Nemicus is a Raptor Commander. Bi-pedal, animal-like, and powerful, we think the Raptor Commander represents the intensity that Nemicus brings to the table. Steve Thompson really brings out the personality in the machine.

As for the symbol for The Foundation, we wanted to put something together that really brought out what this faction’s core philosophies are all about:

[​IMG]

Again, thanks for the continued support. We’ll be revealing the third faction in just a couple of days. Here’s a little tease to hold you over:

Last edited: November 5, 2013
  2. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Just going to say it now: the faction emblem looks like it's an old Nokia phone.

Holy icon representing indestructibility?
  4. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Wow. That's one epic symbol. Great job again Uber, I love how the factions are shaping up.
  5. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

I JUST changed my wallpaper...and now this...sorry wallpaper..nemicus is getting priority here.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  6. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

This is all epic, but...

...am I missing something, or we never got the same stuff tor the first faction?
  7. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

Going to be pronouncing his name as "nemesis" from now on.
  8. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I think you need to go to Planetaryannihiliation.com and then news and scroll down to Faction update Faction 1
  9. rorschachphoenix

rorschachphoenix Active Member

Like it.
  10. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I've had the same Nokia for 7 years in constant use. It's been submerged, thrown, screwdrivered, used as a carpentry tool, a door stop and on one occasion, dropped four storeys onto concrete. Those things are freaking tough.
  11. Devak

Devak Post Master General

they were made to survive! bow to the holy Nokia!
  12. theflow

theflow New Member

One day the machines will take over the world, and it will be a nokia!
  13. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

Samsung make harder phones. I dropped mine on purpose to demonstrate that the thing wouldn't break... then after like 10 years it started to charge slowly.
    Edit: don't take this too seriously of course. :p
  14. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

It kind of looks like the head of the raptor commander is in a crucible. The power symbol and a few other ideas made their way in too.
  15. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

Now I just need another symbol idea everyone agrees with for the 3rd and 4th factions.
    [​IMG]
  16. mrpete

mrpete Member

Friend of mine was creating a logo for another game and when he asked me: "any more wishes?" I handed him The Foundations logo.
    Well, here we go:
    [​IMG]
    stuart98, FXelix and LavaSnake like this.
  17. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Wow, that's epic!
  18. czarkoff

czarkoff New Member

So? I know, lore is not the main part of the game, but last several days I find myself searching for update on this in my RSS reader.