EU Servers Freezes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Crymaw, September 3, 2014.

1. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

Alright, so a problem I have been noticing is that the EU servers (I haven't tried others) seem to struggle. I am not sure if this is a peak-time problem with the servers being overloaded or something, but very often over the course of this games development, I've encountered episodes where the game starts lagging/ freezing up to the point it becomes unplayable.

Sometimes the freezes/ lag affects everyone, sometimes it affects just me, sometimes it affects just other players. Whatever the case may be, it happens even when my internet connection is stable, and it tends to happen on larger systems.

Here's what happened tonight when I joined a 7 player free for all with 8 planets:
    UberServers.png
    Just before this other players were complaining about lag and that units were freezing up and such. Apologies for the inclusion of that bad language: I am sure not 'all' the servers are crap, and that there are just a lot of players playing.

After that screenshot, the game resumed and refroze a few times until I was disconnected about 3 minutes later.

It's great to see how popular this game is becoming, but maybe this should be a reminder of the importance of LAN support and Dedicated Servers? Or perhaps this is an optimization issue? I am not sure.

Either way I look forward to launch, and also to getting LAN support.

Thanks! :)
  2. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

It's the servers, not just you. A lot of people are reporting the same thing, and apparently there's some sort of bug on their end that is causing too many games to be assigned to a server, and generally the servers are overloaded anyway.
    igncom1 likes this.
  3. Qaar

Qaar Member

EU West server seems to be running fine now :)

Edit: Well for the most part, it's getting more choppy mid game.
    Last edited: September 3, 2014
  4. mabn

mabn Member

I noticed that physics takes insanely long when multiple units are trying to reach the same point but are bumping into each other. E.g. if you have too many land constructors helping a nuke, or if you have the same relay point set for multiple buildings and a mass os units is trying to reach it.

It seems that when I change orders of such unit blob, or destroy them the performance suddenly improves.
  5. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

I'm thinking it probably has something to do with the numerous pathing issues that are going on right now.
  6. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

It worries me though. What's going to happen on launch when everyone is lagging and freezing up? It's going to earn this amazing game some bad publicity.