Crash Issue

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dunasco, September 22, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

No that should be fine. As long as you have the "Active Product" field in Settings -> Gameplay set to Titan, it means you have PA: Titans.

It could be the server mod Boombot Wars. I don't think that one was every updated to support Titans. There may be similarly outdated mods.

So your best bet is to disable all of the mods under the [UI MODS] and [SERVER MODS] tabs in PAMM by making the blue circle in front of the mod empty. Then start PA. It should all be fine now and not crash. Then try to enable a mod and try again. Keep repeating until it breaks and you'll find the mod responsible for your crashing.

If you find the broken mod, then click on the forum link for that mod and let the author know.
  2. dunasco

dunasco Member

This is the bug I meant.

3. dunasco

dunasco Member

Sorry for the potato quality.
  4. DeathByDenim

Yeah, the only thing I know that can cause that is broken mods or possible missing or corrupted files. But you verified the the integrity of the game cache in Steam already so the files should be ok, which only leaves the mod. But I looked at the PA log you posted on Monday and it doesn't really load any mods other than the ones them PAMM itself needs. Those are quite harmless though.

The log does show a lot of these lines though:
    Code:
    [08:59:54.279] INFO [JS/game] coui://ui/main/game/galactic_war/shared/js/gw_specs.js:97: error loading spec:
    [08:59:56.823] ERROR Failed to load unit spec: /pa/units/land/tank_hover/tank_hover.json.player
    Basically all of the PA:Titans units give an error similar to that. So it still looks like files are missing, even after having verified the game cache.

So a couple of questions for you:
    • Does this also happen when you play AI Skirmish?
      • If AI Skirmish is fine, does it also occur with a new Galactic War?
      • If AI Skirmish is not fine, can you try opening Computer>Local Disk>ProgramFiles (x86)>steam>steamapps>common>Planetary Annihilation:Titans->media->pa_ex1->units->land->tank_hover->tank_hover_icon_buildbar.png ? It should be the icon of the hover tank.
  5. dunasco

dunasco Member

There is no PNG, it happens both with AI and Galactic War. No mods were selected and the folders were clear before I made the video. Also, there isn't a button that shows that I can change the expansion in Gameplay Settings.
  6. DeathByDenim

No PNG? Huh, that means that you are definitely missing the PA:Titans files... Also the missing button in the Settings -> Gameplay screen means that you don't actually have Titans activated on your account. Which is weird, since the install folder is PA:Titans after all. Your PA seems to be in a strange in-between state.

Did you get a reply from support@uberent.com about the linking of your Steam account? It now sounds like some account data is maybe screwy.

Sorry this is turning out to be so difficult to fix...
  7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@dunasco - I can help you add TITANS to your account. It looks like you may have linked your Steam account to "dunasco" after purchasing TITANS in Steam. I've sent ya a PM. :)
  8. dunasco

dunasco Member

Thank you, the code fixed my game. All I need help with now is how to fix my mods not loading.
  9. dunasco

dunasco Member

It's only loading UI mods not SERVER MODS.
  10. DeathByDenim

Neat!

Yeah, so try enabling some UI mods in PAMM again by filling in the blue circle. Then start PA and check the log to see if those mods are being found (and mounted) or post the log here.
  11. dunasco

dunasco Member

I meant that the blue circles are already there in the UI mods I installed, it's server mods like Dox4Life that aren't working, the circle is already filled in on that one.
  12. DeathByDenim

Are you trying to use server mods in Galactic War maybe? That won't work. Those only work for AI Skirmish and when hosting a multiplayer game.

I just tested the Dox4Life mods in AI skirmish. While in the lobby, I see the mod on the lower left corner:
    upload_2015-10-14_21-14-41.png
    Do you get that too?

Unfortunately that particular mod seem to be broken. When I start the game and select my commander, the build menu does not appear. A server mod that does work is the server mod Battleship. Can you try that one?
  13. dunasco

dunasco Member

The Server Mods box doesn't show and the mod doesn't load either.
  14. DeathByDenim

The mod does appear at "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\server_mods" though, right?
    Can you post a PA log for that session?
  15. dunasco

dunasco Member

Here's the latest log.

Attached Files:

16. DeathByDenim

Well, PA definitely sees the mods. I installed the same server mods as you, just to check if it worked. When I start a AI Skirmish and I'm in the lobby where I can choose the planet and AI strength and such, those mods do appear in the lower left corner.

So that means something may be wrong with the json file that specifies which mods to actually mount. Can you post the content of "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\server_mods\mods.json"?

By the way, those three server mods are all incompatible with each other as they both shadow the unit list. That shouldn't prevent them from loading though. It just means they won't work as expected. Also the comm boxing one just completely breaks everything. Try using just the Battleship mod. I know for sure that one works.
  17. dunasco

dunasco Member

This is the content of it
    {
    "mount_order": [
    "com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_change_vision",
    "com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_create_unit",
    "com.uberent.pa.mods.stockmods.server.cheat.allow_mod_data_updates"
    ]
    }

The battleship mod doesn't work.
  18. DeathByDenim

Well, that's weird. That's the exact opposite of what it should be. It means you have only the stock mods enabled and not the Battleship mod. Does you PAMM looks like this?
    pamm.jpg That is, only a filled disk in front of Battleship and all of the others empty.
  19. dunasco

dunasco Member

Oops, sorry about that, here are the contents of it when battleship is enabled and the others are disabled:

{
    "mount_order": [
    "com.elodea.battleship.minimod"
    ]
    }

The mod doesn't work in skirmish.
  20. dunasco

dunasco Member

The box doesn't show either. The only one I put that was enabled was the Battleship mod.