Build is riddled with bugs

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ninjahmeh, May 23, 2014.

1. ninjahmeh

ninjahmeh New Member

so when i saw the galactic update i was over the moon, updated and then discover galactic is single player (remember reading a dev post saying no sp was ever intended, but may be added) not too much bother, then i check the armory, go to my badges and allllllll my badges except alpha badge and beta badge have gone (i had early backer, and about 3-4 others which i forget the names of)

also noticed that i dont have access to delta commander anymore which was selectable before :/

then i tried galactic war, it just bugged out all over the place so i gave up.

move to multiplayer, more bugs;

-no in game team or all chat (GAME BREAKER)
    -complete freeze of multiplayer games, not just for myself but in fact for every participant in the game, it looks and feels like a lag freeze, but happens to every player simultaneously, sometimes will fix itself other times just freezes the whole game
    -wasd navigation options then conflicts with keybindings
    - basically cannot play the game in any form as of today
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Just about all big builds tend to be fairly buggy.

Only $90 kickstarter backers have the Delta Commander.

Galactic War has a few minor issues, but I've been able to play it just fine.

Do you have mods installed? A lot of them break the game.
  3. dianalogue

dianalogue Member

also update your video drivers if you haven't
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  4. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

1) No Chat. This should be fixed as of Friday.
    2) We put in a lot of crash fixes Friday. Should be better.
    3) You can rebind the build keys to anything you want. Or unbind them. A lot of the office does not use WASD for some reason... so the defaults usually conflict. I'll try and get WASD and left-handed default keybindings set up.
    popededi and wondible like this.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

can you please do something about the icons?

why is it that even when you're not attempting to shadow but directly altering the game's PNG's in the icon_atlas folder even just a single one of them the game crashes and lags as a 100% reproducible bug?

also the icon resize is fairly annoying.

I think the icons getting bigger when you mouse hover should be done wit ha duplicate set of pngs.

Get rid of resize entirely so icon pixel-perfection wich is incredibly important for something that small all your attention will be focused on.

Just today I was playing with stock strategic icons and I stopped moving around for a second only to notice my commander's icon at the center of the screen incessantly bulging.
  6. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

Using the Brad commander?
    trialq likes this.
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Also with the black borders, and details, it's next to impossible to read out what unit is what on the grey/black team. The colors aren't very distinguishable and I need to take a second to see what I'm looking at.
  8. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

While we're hijacking the thread and talking about icons, I would like to mention that Orbital still needs something to distinguish their icons from units underneath.
  9. valheria

valheria Active Member

There is also a bug were you can not drop your commander on a starting spot that has start spots enabled from the system editor in a multiplayer game. So i can not even land my commander correctly. Plus there are still some UI bugs in the galactic war : )
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

in mine and Xedi's icon sets if the main color is too dark the borders get inverted

Our shaders work but replacing them or anything relative to the icons causes massive lag and crashes.

and that's what i'm trying to get the devs to fix here.
  11. ninjahmeh

ninjahmeh New Member

ok well thanks to the uber guy for replying and i have noticed a few fixes with the chat and what not, but yeah, im still getting reeeeeeeeally bad connection to servers constantly now. still encountering points where the game seems to freeze up for all players simultaneously.

cant beleive the nvidia driver update managed to bug out pa AO as well, bloody typical lol. not the end of the world as im a die hard fanboy of TA and now PA as well. but one other thing regarding this delta comm situation, i understand it is supposedly for 90$ kickstarter backers but i paid probably more than that in british pounds the day this released on steam Early Access. i do hope that at some point ALL the comms are going to be selectable/ at least buyable (ps those custom ones look, just, ugh. ok the spider one wasnt bad but, yeh im just not even gonna inisult them lol ill probably get a ban or something if i say what i think)

my badges section 100% had like 6 badges in, one was like uber early backer, one was like some kickstarter thing i think and a couple more, now i just have alpha beta badges :( i paid like £70-80 for this game (so easily around $100-120 US) feels a little kick in ballsy as id rather of put it in kickstarter anyway but like there was NO publicity about this game that lead me to it, until i saw it on steam and got all moist in my pants
  12. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Other players who missed Kickstarter bought $200/$250 to get Delta so it's will be unfair for them too.

Please keep in mind that you paid more doesn't mean developers get more money.
    Price is higher in the EU/UK region due to higher local taxes.
  13. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

I just noticed all my badges disappeared and I no longer have access to the alpha commander.
    Both my Alpha and Beta badges are gone, wonder if this is a new glitch related to the UI.