A tournament to celebrate the first patch of 2014 - Such prize! Saturday 18th Jan!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, January 16, 2014.

1. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

I'm In
  2. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

Ok count me in!!!! Been trying to get in a tourney for awhile now. Guessing rules will be laid down at a later date??? Hates to see comm rush allowed, but maybe it will be useless with next patch....
  3. drschuess

drschuess Member

Doctor Schuess is up for the tournament. :) Sounds like this should be a lot of fun. Count me in.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Nail on head. We can't set any in-game rules until we know what the patch entails ;)
  5. iron420

iron420 Well-Known Member

I'd be down for no-nukes if things aren't way different after the patch :p
  6. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

I am in, though not sure if I will sleep before playing or not.
    iceDrop and cwarner7264 like this.
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I'm in, spectating / Casting / Ref though haha. I'm definitely not at the quality of play that other entrants are.
  8. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

On the other hand I am an if its in the game use it kind of guy.... just like to know what to be prepared for. I'll definitely be pulling some late nights training the rest of the week. So to my opponents.... prepare yourself for butt DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!

MERICA!!!
  9. iidutchmikey

iidutchmikey New Member

i wish i would have the amounth of skill required to even play a proper first round match in this :(
  10. iron420

Great! I'll prepare my penetration techniques and supply the lube. Just make sure you've got lots of practice receiving cause I'll assume you are experienced by then ;)
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  11. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

notice I said YOUR!!! And I go dry for maximum DESTRUCTION!!!
  12. cwarner7264

All bets are off for this one. The game, as I understand it, is changing fundamentally from what it was before. Now's your chance! ;)
    stormingkiwi and shootall like this.
  13. iron420

Yes, I will be prepared, just remember there are 2 roles in butt destruction. I don't think you are anticipating your role in that 2 role system accurately :p Either way, no 1 is a pro at the game especially now everything is different. It's anyone's Doge at this point. Also, i think disseminating the prizes to other places than just 1st will encourage people to join since they can still aspire to 3rd etc
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I'm in
    For sure.
  15. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

@iron420 maybe we should request a lube bot for the finished product XD!!!!!!
  16. evilOlive

evilOlive Member

I can put up a baked carrot from the Society for Unpleasant Gifts as the prize for last place.
    iron420 and cwarner7264 like this.
  17. cwarner7264

I agree with the principle - however, how does one judge 3rd and 4th? Both lose to the eventual finalists.
  18. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Assuming the Tournament is open also to crappy players like me, I'm game!
  19. iron420

I would do heats, semi-finals and finals. Winners from all the heats compete in the semis. The top players from the semis fill the final. 1st 2nd and 3rd etc are all determined in the final game. I would think that either unit kills or survival time would indicate the placement. Maybe both, like kills + order of elimination (where last to die is +100 "kills", 2nd to last is +50 etc)

that way not only do you need to survive, you need to do work too. If 1 player killed everyone but was 1st to die, he might still win. I also think if you make it to the finals, you should get something. so if we have 40,000 doge total and 8 players then 1st gets 20,000 doge. 2nd gets 10,000 doge. 3rd gets 5,000 doge etc
  20. cwarner7264

I like this as an idea for larger tournaments. Have several large FFAs with a points system to qualify to go through to the 1v1 rounds. With that sort of system you could have hundreds of people enter and then whittle it down much faster.

Totally stealing this for a future tourney.