Zeus

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by pieman90, October 28, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Try going one game without building fighters and try to defend against a Zeus. You'll lose every single time (unless the person doesn't know how to use the Zeus... which is always hilarious)
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  2. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

orbital or sniper/colonel and your good. if you like risks, go manhattan/nukes
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Colonels are the only things that have good chances there. The Zeus can just micro away from everything else.
  4. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Just got to anticipate their arrival. So scout continiously and have your defences in the right place at the right time. Also, zeus can micro away from colonels easier then most orbital. Also, 1 zeus wrecks 1 colonel (8k metal) but doesn't even touch 1 SXX (6k metal). The SXX is also twice as fast as a colonel so thats good aswell. Dont forget snipers too, if its just Zeus then a blob of sniperbots can be great.
  5. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

I countered a a few zeuses yesterday.
    What could make it more interesting is to take away zeus ability to target air at all.
    the 10 t1 fighters are not going to kill the zeus unless micromanaged and thi is a game that wants to minimize micromanagement.
    Perhaps it's anti ai could be replaced by let's say 2 normal anti air missiles and not the main gun.

Then you MUST assist a zeus with some fighters there where it is now not really required.

This would make that zeus is no longer over powered but is still a strong opponent wich makes people build air and anti air.
    ps let's not forget the t2 air bomber is also very very strong versus everything slow moving or stationary.

Right now many people try to hide themsellfs and rush into zeus. and very often, when they have the zeus build they win...
    This simply cannot be intended.

p.s. another great addition would have a air mobile bomb unit like the boom bot.
    This could also be a nice counter to zeus.
  6. huangth

huangth Active Member

The problem is that Uber stops to publish any new patch.
    I feel our discussion is useless.
  7. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

never say never. i tought they stopped patching a time as well and then suddenly titans came out...
    But then i don't follow it that close either.