You're In! Come Smash Some Planets With Us, Backers!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, November 19, 2013.

1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

[​IMG]

Over the last three weeks, the entire Planetary Annihilation team has been laser-focused on two goals: chipping away at instability and piledriving performance issues. We’ve chased down and fixed edge cases, improved frame rates across the board, and we’ve solved some of the bigger, hairier issues that some users have been experiencing. Beta is more awesome than ever -- it’s stable, folks are having a good time, and the conversation is turning to mechanics and features instead of the bothersome bits inherent in early builds of a video game about blowing planets up.

Beta will never be perfect. That’s not what beta’s about. But, we’ve got the game experience to a place where we’re confident with moving on to enhancements. Enhancements like new units and even slicker optimizations and features.

We can’t wait to get the Unit Cannon in your hands, so you can start barfing units across solar systems. We also can’t wait for you to experience gates, which will allow your armies to invade planets far from their own. Orbital nukes are on deck, too. The scale of Planetary Annihilation is incredible. These things will make it, uh … incredible-r.

[​IMG]

Since beta’s in such a great place and so many fantastic things are coming down the pipe, we’re granting instant access to anyone who has backed or pre-ordered the retail version. Specifically, if you pledged $20 (or $15) to our Kickstarter or pre-ordered Planetary Annihilation through the Uber store, you’re going to be smashing some planets with us really soon.

We’re doing this in waves. As you read this, in fact, we’re sending out the first wave of codes to users. Over the coming days, we’ll continue sending out codes until everyone is in. If you don’t get an invite today, don’t worry! We’ll get to you. We promise. Pinky swear!

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to everyone who pledged for or purchased our game. Without you, Planetary Annihilation wouldn't have been possible. You helped fund the game and you believed in our vision. And since we hit our goals, we've worked hard to deliver an intense experience that we believe you'll love. Thanks again, guys.

Whether you get your code today, in two days, or nine days from now, welcome to Planetary Annihilation. It's a video game about blowing stuff up. In space. With planets. And it's only going to get more awesome as we go. We’ll see you soon.

Sincerely,

Uber Entertainment
    Last edited: November 19, 2013
    corteks, ace63, shootall and 16 others like this.
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Great post, really looking forward to the new units. Thanks for the the info.
  3. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Great, informative news. Thanks a lot!
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

You guys have finished optimizations?? I think I need to upgrade if thats the case :)
    Anyway, congrats I think.
  5. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

We haven't, no. But, we've got the game in a place where we're happy enough with the game to let our retail backers into it. Beta will continue to be improved in just about every area.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Well. That's interesting.
  7. scallus

scallus New Member

A dream comming true :')
  8. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

Why am i the only one freaking out about "GATES"?
    [​IMG]
    Devak and LavaSnake like this.
  9. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

That's reassuring, thank you.
  10. xnavigator

xnavigator Member

I was waiting this moment!

If i remeber correctly I backed this from paypal, My uber store account lists this: Screenshot_1.png

How can I switch this to steam account ?
  11. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

i actually had a dream last night that there would be a PA announcement today, but im pretty sure that dream was about units T_T
    LavaSnake likes this.
  12. hailmikhail

hailmikhail Member

Wait, so I'm just confirming this, if i have bought the combat edition, i can still participate in the Beta?
  13. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Once your key is activated, yes. :) As I said in a different thread, we're not instantly turning on every key out there, but starting to roll out some every day the next few weeks until everyone is in.
    shootall likes this.
  14. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Best ever post ever from Uber ;)
  15. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

oooh man. This will be hilarious, I remember the tension of waiting for the alpha rollout, and the beta rollout too!

Its like ..if Christmas was a random day withing a week-long period and every day you ran downstairs to see if the presents showed up. muahaha
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am partially worried but mostly excited to see this decision.

It shows many good things. For one, if Uber doesn't think they can meet release deadline they can say they did best they could by their backers. For two, it shows broader discussion being done on what to bring into the game as playable. For three, it shows adamant forethought on their behalf for the first time in a month when they say "gate" as though they do in fact have a gameplan for final game roster and game mechanics.

All those things I am glad about. Everyone is overly eager to start adding/diversifying/splitting/fine-tuning the final roster of units. It is interesting to see them taking the initiative to involve preorder backers as well, we will see even more stressful debate about game ideas now probably, but it can be said the best initiative was taken to involve everyone.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Great reaction to complaints about the 40$ sale? Anyway nice.
    maxpowerz and LavaSnake like this.
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The $40 sale was slightly annoying, but I didn't bother doing more than pointing that out. I never expected them to let all the pre-orders in, but this is exciting! My only concern is that people who pre-ordered might not be fully aware that beta is still beta. I hope they send out an email making sure people know to expect some issues still.

Now, I'm going to go start hitting refresh on my inbox.
  19. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Welp just got my activation info. Awesome! I know what I'm going to end up messing around with tonight!
  20. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Does this include additional retail keys that were bought as an add-on for the Kickstarter?