[REL][Server Mod] Statera Balance Mod

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by squishypon3, June 1, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Update to the unit guide, can't finish as I need to go very fast... I think there's stuff I missed for basic naval, but meh.
  2. squishypon3

Okay guys, I've come up with an idea of how the torpedo boat can be a pseudo sub. All I need to do is make it invisible to sight, but visible to radar, and then give it an Armour type to which its invulnerable to every weapon other than torpedos. This means that an enemy will only see its icon when it comes swimming by, and then if they fire at it with anything but torpedoes nothing will happen. Whilst the player who owns the sub will still be able to see it on the surface.

It's pretty band-aidy but whatever. :p
  3. squishypon3

Agreed, I'll have to get on to that!
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Nah, let's keep it as a torp boat. :D

What you forgot is the combat fabrication boat.
  5. squishypon3

Just brain storming. :p
  6. stuart98

Going to update to 0.6 as soon as the next stable is out. Fairly short changelog.

Updated layers to new layers. (WaterSurface is now DeepWater)
    Nerfed slasher HP to 200 (was 320). This shouldn't affect them in mixed armies too much, but will make it so that bots aren't quite so bad against them in massed fights (They're only supposed to counter early dox aggression, not mass dox armies after all).
    Air fabber HP has been buffed to 150 (was 50; now they should be somewhat more viable early game)
    Clobberer anti-missile missile RoF halved (from 2 to 1).
    Clobber tactical missile flight trajectory is now that of the stingray. (Might be a bit buggy as I just copy-pasted the code).
    Fixed a bug where the Hunter was using the wrong effect file.
    Hunter damage per shot nerfed to 900 (was 1200)
    "F" in KingFisher de-capitalized. Should look less derpy.
    YOLO renamed to Radar Satellite.
    Leveler metal cost increased to 650 (from 550)
    Sheller and Thumper metal costs increased to 800 (from 600)
    Possibly affected some air untis dodge radius. (?)
    Second pass on naval speed (Doubled from previous values)
  7. squishypon3

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Statera Unit Handbook
    ---------------------------------------
    Advanced:

Vehicle:

Advanced Vehicle fabricator: Advanced version of the basic fabrication vehicle, sporting a lathe with double the speed whilst keeping the same efficiency, and capable of creating advanced structures.

Leveler: A longer ranged tank with average speeds, equipped with two medium powered cannons, it works well at leveling bases and structures but is easily outflanked and maneuvered.

Obliterater: Very slow and very beefy amphibious tank, equipped with a very large, snub nose, cannon capable of wrecking groups of units as well as buildings. It's bulkiness makes it one of the most vulnerable units on the field when flanked and must be backed up by other units.

Sheller: A slower and heavy artillery vehicle, equipped with a large artillery weapon firing high powered shells straight up and down into the enemy, extremely long range. It's firing arch means it's shells take a while to hit but their decent AOE mixed in with their high damage allow them to devastate groups of enemies. This particular vehicle requires a constant energy draw to power it's heavy gun.

Thumper: Medium speed, accelerated artillery, with excellent range and a fast fire rate, this vehicle rains down from above with dozens of shells. Because of this fast fire rate it is very inaccurate and serves best at peppering enemy armies with shells.

Inferno: A slow tank with a very high DPS flamethrower, it works moderately well as a mobile wall and extremely well at taking out fortified positions head on by ripping walls and structures apart within seconds.

Bots:
    Advanced Bot Fabricator: Advanced version of the basic fabrication bot, sporting a lathe with double the speed whilst keeping the same efficiency, and capable of creating advanced structures.

Slammer: A slower than average bot, with higher health as well, it comes equipped with duel high-powered shotguns, bolstering three plasma shells per shotgun. It's devastating once it gets up close to one unit, but is also capable of spreading out damage over a wider area of units when further away.

Pg.2
  8. squishypon3

Second page is still WIP, don't worry. :p
  9. stuart98

Last edited: July 26, 2014
  10. squishypon3

11. stuart98

Because then we aren't confined to one thread. ;)
  12. squishypon3

Well you said most will be there, when chances are this thread will get more publicity and is already known about, it also has the OP with an indepth description, as well as the unit handbook I'm working on. ( I really want to get publisher so I can make it look like a real handbook. ;) )
  13. stuart98

14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

That was a thought of mine. I buffed the damage it does to make it very cost effective to actual ships, but obviously torpedoes can't attack land so the weapon is very hunter-killer and not kill-everything.

If it is implemented, we could do something to switch around, where t1 sub is still strong antinaval but no land capabilities, and t2 sub is anti land but not strong against ships. Honestly, if the t2 sub is stealth naval, it could do as much damage as a bluebottle with maybe 3 leviathan ranged tactical missiles, and be worthwhile just because it's stealth. Or maybe just 1 strong stingray missile.

It isn't band-aidy because at least it is WYSIWYG. Subs that submerge don't work with world generation well, you would never know how deep is deep enough for subs and such. Subs that simply are "stealth ships" function in "all water" so there is no ambiguity.
  15. stuart98

0.6 released!

Changelog:

Updated layers to new layers. (WaterSurface is now DeepWater)
    Nerfed slasher HP to 200 (was 320). This shouldn't affect them in mixed armies too much, but will make it so that bots aren't quite so bad against them in massed fights (They're only supposed to counter early dox aggression, not mass dox armies after all).
    Air fabber HP has been buffed to 150 (was 50; now they should be somewhat more viable early game)
    Clobberer anti-missile missile RoF halved (from 2 to 1).
    Clobber tactical missile flight trajectory is now that of the stingray. (Might be a bit buggy as I just copy-pasted the code).
    Fixed a bug where the Hunter was using the wrong effect file.
    Hunter damage per shot nerfed to 900 (was 1200)
    "F" in KingFisher de-capitalized. Should look less derpy.
    YOLO renamed to Radar Satellite.
    Leveler metal cost increased to 650 (from 550)
    Sheller and Thumper metal costs increased to 800 (from 600)
    Possibly affected some air untis dodge radius. (?)
    Second pass on naval speed (Doubled from previous values)
    Booms and mines should be working again (broken on PTE/New stable)
    Mine health increased to ludicrous levels; essentially can no longer be destroyed. Don't want 'em? Reclaim 'em!
    Battleship cost increased to 2500 (Was 1500); damage increased to 80 (was 40); splash increased to 60 (was 20)
    Vanguard health increased to 3000 (was 2500)
    Smasher speed decreased to 10 (was 12)
    Metal extractor health reduced back down to 500 (Was 750).
  16. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Now that PAMatches' forums are back up, mind getting the changelog and mod purpose/description posts back up?
  17. stuart98

I'll do it in a couple of hours when I get back from my grandmother's.
  18. stuart98

0.7.0 released!

Made Pelter direct fire (Needs testing).
    Storages are no longer built as spheres when it didn't make sense.
    Added new rocket turret.
    Catapult now costs 4000 metal (Was 3000); missiles should properly fire in a barrage.
    Reduced catapult range to 325 (Was 400)
    Hunter should now be cloaked to radar.
    Reduced Light Laser Tower HP down to 550 (From 1000)
    Updated effects to new ones (Boom, nuke)
    Fixed nukes having wrong/non-existant descriptions.
    Hunters and Stingrays can now target orbital.
    Fixed anti-nuke being in two build bar tabs.
    Fixed anti-nuke launcher being colored as if it was T2.
  19. squishypon3

Well it looks like I'll have to mod my own version of Statera when I play as storage built as spheres is good to me :p
  20. stuart98

You should never have to build 9 storage structures at once. That'd give you 4.5 million energy/900,000 metal, which is just plain ridiculous.