[WIP] Map System Editor Fixes

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by mikeyh, April 8, 2015.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Some quick fixes to loading issues with custom maps that contain the following:
    • landing_zones object with list and rules (vs older landing_zones array)
    • metal spots
    • planetCSG
    • symmetry
    Also fixes an issue where planet radius min and max are not correctly reset after adding a gas planet.
    Last edited: April 9, 2015
  2. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

Still having issues saving systems weird. but thanx for the info kiwi.
  3. mikeyh

Haven't got to saving yet.

When finished editing CSG make sure you change to Metal Spots mode. That should force an update of the CSG from terrain editor.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

eh sorry i thought this mod fixed saving. I never actually had the chance to test but didn't know what else it could fix xP
  5. mikeyh

I can't actually fix saving although I do have some workarounds that I haven't had time to finish that try to warn you when it looks like your csg, metal spots or landing zones have not updated.

My recommendation is the following:
    • CSG on
    • edit CSG
    • CSG off
    • metal spots on
    • metal spots off
    • rename system with new version eg v1, v2, v3, v4, etc
    • save system
    ie always toggle off and rename system before saving.
  6. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Save in versions is really important.

• My first save is gonna happen when i'm satisfied with the seed. I save and close down the system and reopen it in system designer
    • This time I'm gonna remove the random csg's (not all of them though!). Make sure to have at least one csg a metal spot and 2 landing zones when you're going to save it after this pass. PUt a v2 behind it close the system down and reload it again.
    • Now i'm gonna place the spawns. After i've done that save another version and reload.
    • Placing brushes is going to happen now. After i'm done with that save and reload again. (also if you already did a lot of brush placement a couple of version saving between em is really helpful!)
    • placing metals at last. Save and reload to make sure if it saved everything.
    You should be able to actually get a proper system out with this method. At least I do it like this and it works. This mod is still really helpful for some really weird behaviour. Always have it on if you're going to work on it.
  7. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

UBer you need to fix this . Not being able to make systems and save in my systems really ruins it. I can send a system to default but it does not save in my systems. Is there any way I can save a default system into my systems.???? Because as of now there are so many default systems you lose track of it hours later.
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
    jomiz likes this.