Which Commanders do I get in the armory (sic)/where did my Delta go?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, March 4, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Uber now have an FAQ item which replaces this topic

Where are my commanders?

As of Gamma the commanders have been restricted according to their originally announced exclusivity. Which commanders you get will depend upon when you purchased the game or what level you backed it.

So which commanders should I have?

If you backed the Kickstarter or purchased through the Uber store you can check by going into your Uber account, clicking My Account and then clicking on the Planetary Annihilation order.

However, I have also provided a full list of the commanders and who gets them. Restrictions on use are noted as applicable.

[​IMG]
    Beast - For the winners of Uber's Battle of the Beasts tournament

[​IMG]
    Alpha - $90+ Kickstarter backer and Cosmic Edition

[​IMG]
    Delta - $90+ Kickstarter backer and Cosmic Edition

[​IMG]
    Progenitor - $50+ Kickstarter backer and Cosmic edition

[​IMG]
    Theta - Pre-orders, Early Access and Kickstarter backers

[​IMG]
    Centurion

[​IMG]
    Rallus

[​IMG]
    Aeson

[​IMG]
    Osiris

[​IMG]
    Nemicus

[​IMG]
    Invictus

Are there gameplay differences between commanders?

No, all differences are cosmetic only.

But a commander I should have is not in the armoury!

Uber are aware of issues with commanders and badges. They're working to fix it. Report your issue in the topic below.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/the-inventory-thread.58084/

But I bought into the Alpha on Steam, aren't I a backer?

This is my understanding of the terms used by Uber:

Backer - Kickstarter backer
    Early Access - Purchased through Steam prior to v1.0
    Pre-order - Purchased prior to v1.0

Can I buy commanders I don't have?

Not at this time and Uber haven't announced any plans to sell them. However, if you purchased your game through Uber's store you have the option to purchase an upgrade to a higher value copy of the game which would then give you any exclusive commanders which shipped with that edition.

Will there be more exclusive commanders?

There will be commanders which are exclusive to the autumn and winter sale buyers. Kickstarter backers will aso get these. We have not yet been informed which commanders they are, it's possible two more of the commanders above may become exclusive.

Uber have announced that recipients of the Delta Commander will be receiving one further exclusive commander.

It's possible there will be other exclusive commanders in the future, but Uber have made no announcements.

Are we getting the ability to make our own commander?

Anyone who backed at the $1000 tier gets a unique commander created for them by Uber and five codes to give to friends. This will be in the game and visible to all other players in-game, but not selectable by them.

You can create your own commander using modeling tools and mod it into the game, but it would only be visible to you and anyone else with the mod installed.

Can I get custom commanders any other way?

An exclusive commander was a prize in the Battle of the Beasts tournament hosted by Uber, but at this point it appears unlikely that Uber will be designing any further commanders according to a player's specification.
    Last edited: July 1, 2014
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Thank you for this summary.
    Murcanic likes this.
  3. Quitch

Garat took too long :)
    mkrater and brianpurkiss like this.
  4. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

Thanks for clarifying. Very useful indeed.

It's sad that such a clear statement can't come from Uber itself, specially on Steam. It would finally shut up lot of complaining, for good.

A question. Do you have a screenshot of the Commander from different perspectives? Specially from back and from a side? I would like to try to replicate them with LEGO and of course releasing the building instruction so that you can build your own as well.

Assuming Uber will be fine with that, of course.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

well this is well put together. sticky maybe? or at least a link in the FAQ, @brianpurkiss ?
  6. Biestie

Biestie Member

You can also find out which commander should be yours when you simply log into your uber store account. Under "my account" is a list with all your purchased items where you can see what kind of stuff you get.

This is a really nice list but I have to say that there is something missing. Some people who bought PA (Galactic Edition) after the end of the Kickstarter but long before the start of alpha got the Progenitor to.
    sporemaster18 and Quitch like this.
  7. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Fantastic summary.

Right. Time to make friends!

:D
    tristanlorius and cdrkf like this.
  8. Quitch

I wasn't able to find any reference to commanders exclusive to the Galactic Edition, it seemed to simply grant you Alpha access, a digital artbook, the soundtrack, a wallpaper and the Theta.

This Steam topic on the now defunct edition would appear to support this.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/0/864970667851070328/
    Last edited: March 4, 2014
  9. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Custom commanders are cool for sure, but if there is no tiger commander, I dont really care :p And even if there is, for sure he/she have other people that will get codes :< Im sad anyway :confused:
  10. Biestie

Biestie Member

Yeah, that was a granted for some people. I am not able to find the reference to, but if I remember it correctly it was given when they announced the Cosmic limited edition.
  11. Quitch

I haven't been able to find any reference to Galactic Edition users being given the Progenitor Commander, so I'll wait for Uber to clarify or produce their document.
  12. Biestie

Biestie Member

Jup, I think this is the best thing to do. At least people can see what they get when they simply check their uber shop account^^
  13. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The other thing another user has pointed out to me:

Kickstarter backers who upgrade later should get access to the KS exclusive commanders (as they were in on the Kickstarter). The user in question backed at $20 during the KS campaign, then upgraded to Cosmic later and now apparently has the Alpha and Progenitor as well as the Delta. I guess there are a few of these fringe cases which are a bit more complex.
  14. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

I hope there will be an alpha-exclusive and a beta-exclusive commander. The theta is then the gamma-eclusive commander (IF gamma is the last phase before release). Otherwise, I don't have any special commanders apart from the theta, though I was an alpha participant. So I would like there to be a difference between $90 and <$60 supporters. Too much to ask? They said there will be many commanders, so I don't think so. It' s just not a priority right now, as always. I can wait.
  15. Quitch

You get badges.
  16. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

I know... but

Badges are shiny. Commanders are AWESOME!
  17. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

pardon me for allowing my brain to vomit its [often stupid] ideas upon this thread, but:

some over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek commanders would be cool. i.e. Santa Commander, Hello Kitty Commander, Master Chief, Thor... but then there's licensing...

meh, sorry for the vomit. I'll be right back with a mop to clean this up...
    websterx01, LavaSnake and cdrkf like this.
  18. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

is there anyway we can get to download and see the roster concept art for the commanders that was on the liveststream with steve? It was on the night before the 11 hour marathon i believe
  19. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

What time was it roughly on?
  20. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

it was on from 25 to 32 minutes into the stream: