Where are the unit Mods?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Darken0id, May 18, 2015.

1. Darken0id

Darken0id New Member

Yesterday I played PA for more than 3 hours without interrupting. After it got a little boring I quitted the game and looked for some cool mods.
    And then I installed some of them and it was awesome. I had an absolute blast with them.
    But there is one question that was in my mind for the whole time when I was scrolling through all these great mods:

Where are all the unit mods that maybe add in some more units into the game like some tec 3 units, experimental units or some interessting new buildings like shields?
    I know many games which also have such a great mod support as PA and they have units mods (I now compare it to SupCom FA for example)

So why there are only two or three unit mods for PA? Is it to early to ask for unit mods? Does the devs don't allow these type of mods or are there some problems (no support or crashs) with implementing new units into the game's code (i don't have any talent with that.^^)?

I cant find any thread about that so I dare to create a new one...
    I hope that some members of the community will read this extensively long text and answer to it. :)

(I also hope my english is good enough to be understood by everyone.)
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

There is an entire section on them. They are allowed, the process to make them has been vetted and many people have accomplished them, it requires nothing fancy.

In all honesty, builds occasionally breaks mods, and we had a lot of modders just before/right after launch. A lot of modders don't upkeep the unit mods so we need modders to make some more. I am REALLY busy with another project right now, otherwise I would update TotalRedux to specialize the **** out of units. I am also supposed to make a bubble shield or at least an anti-projectile point defense system, but I fell short of doing it.

There is a 2/3rd made bubble shield on the mods section, take the page and finish it lol.
    Darken0id likes this.
  3. Darken0id

Darken0id New Member

@tHeTrOpHySyStEm
    Ohhh there is a section for unit mods?
    I never saw this before and i can't find it at the moment to.
    Can you give me a link to this section?

And please...whenever there is some time left in your life...work on the bubble shield. xD
  4. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

Pretty much all the 'unit' mods are in the 'server mods' section in PAMM. Have a look there.
    Nicb1 and thetrophysystem like this.
  5. Darken0id

Darken0id New Member

Ah thank you so much! :3
    I've found a mod which is really great.
    I also saw some Threads in the "Work in Progress" - section of this forum where there are some Threads about unit mods.
    dom314 likes this.