What is the point of this game? It already exists.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xterminator27, September 27, 2013.

1. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

I just feel really sorry for the Uber employees who work so hard to make an excellent game, and then have to read trite rubbish like this. I would hardly call the OP's criticisms constructive or valid. Yes the game has the same economy and building style as SupCom TA, and they made it very clear that that is how it was going to be right from the start.

I don't see how it could then come as a surprise when he started playing the beta. You should pay more attention to what you spend your money on, rather than blindly spurge and then complain when your expectations were unrealistic to begin with.

Don't say, "oh you guys are just brown nosing, and preventing this game from being better." You didn't give any real suggestions, and we have no reason to accept mediocrity, if the game in its beta is truly mediocre as you say it is.
    carn1x likes this.
  2. superouman

superouman Post Master General

An RTS game with maps without corners and middles already exists, obviously.
    An RTS game with games on multiple maps at the same time and interact between each other already exists, obviously.

lol ok, you are free to think what you want but you shouldn't be surprised to not be taken seriously by people

Oh i just realized that guy is a real troll. Sorry for feeding him, i won't do the same mistake twice.
    Just ignore him, he will find an other forum by himself.
    Last edited: September 28, 2013
  3. cyricdeadsoul

cyricdeadsoul New Member

Hmm... I think everyone has his/her own oppinion about what "feels" different. For me the difference between SC 1 and SC 2 was that I had the feeling nothing has really changed, gameplay wise. Maybe I haven´t played them enough?
    The difference between TA and SupCom was, from my perspective, very big! The upscaling of everything totally changed the way of playing and thinking of strategy games. Now I have to carefully plan in advance and adapt to situations in a more drastic sense. Also I like to watch FAF Live streams and be totally surprised which strategies lead to victory!

Also the queston about skill is sometimes very confusing. Sometimes people say skill is important. But what is skill?! I think if you are able to click fast than that is also a skill as to be able to adapt to situations or to use intel info to its best use. These are all skills and I think it is not possible to say that a game needs skill and another one needs no skills. SupCom (FAF) uses different sets of skills than for example SC2. And that is for everyones taste which sets of skills he is best at and which he enjoys using...?

For me PA will upscale SupCom in the meaning of planing even further ahead and give the player more possibilites to win the game! I´m very excited about PAs progress and hope that everything works out just fine!
  4. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

I think xterminator27 has a valid point with respect to how the game stands now. We can only hope that the devs improve the game enough with additions from now on to change the game from just being a tiny version of SupCom with a space theatre and spherical planets. Uber have their plans on how they want to take this game further, so we shall have to see.
    xterminator27 likes this.
  5. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

my bigest problem with your statment is the world tiny... this is already bigger then sup com xD
    whisperr likes this.
  6. shotogun

shotogun Member

Supcom was inferior to Total Annihilation in just about every way strategy and game wise. You can argue the grapics are better but that isn't the best reason to argue if a game is better. Why are you comparing PA to supcom when TA is what Supcom was based around in the first place?
  7. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

I feel I need to address this, I currently still play BroodWar and Sc2 (but I play sc2 around 10x more than BW).

Brood war right now is basically dead, it takes forever to get games going, and there is only a small handful of people who still play it, me being one of them. On Twitch.tv at this very second, SC2 has 15,0000 viewers, and brood war has around 122. So I really don't know why you would say SC1 still draws many players, it simply doesn't.

Sc2 however is still one of the top E-Sports in the world. Drawing half the crowds of games 10x bigger (such as leagues). Nobody who actually plays SC1 and SC2 thinks that SC1 is better. The main reason I still play it is when I am away from my computer with my garbage laptop.

What you are saying is just not true in any form of the sense.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The ability to draw a crowd is insignificant next to the power of the force.
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Methlodis likes this.
  10. Murcanic

one thing that we might all need to remember is that SC is star craft SC2 is starcraft 2 then supcom and supcom fa and supcom 2.
  11. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

It's a miserable state of affairs.
  12. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

At the end of the day as someone already mentioned before, if Space Battles were indeed added, that would be a COMPLETE GAME CHANGER to this entire argument. It would fundamentally change the entire dynamic of the wars and battles in the way the game is played right now.

Asside from that, would be nice to get the units to look a bit more sci-fi ish and not quite looking the same as SupCom even if they do act in the same way.
  13. Murcanic

Please no.... we don't need a Sins of a solar empire type battle while dealing with land air and navy on every planet we control..... I personally don't want to see metal fabbers or space battles...
  14. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

hehe no? it would be way different from Sins, it actually at that point would be a LOT more closer to the likes of Imperium Galactica II... and that was one of the best RTS games over the past 12/13 years...
  15. cyricdeadsoul

cyricdeadsoul New Member

As Neutrino mentioned in the LiveStream the problem is that people can use the interplanetary space as a refuge zone for their commanders. Currently there is nothing that can shot a commander on a transporter in interplanetary space. I´d like to see at least some kind of interplanetary battles like orbital units can also engage combat in space.
  16. doxbox

doxbox Member

Exactly what made you buy this game?

Because obviously you haven't watched a single video or read anything about this game before buying it. You don't like the game? Well, that's your fault, because what it's developing into is pretty much exactly what was promised.
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

*gets up on soap box*

Just make orbital units maintain an orbit, and not just meander about like they currently can.

*steps back down*
    carn1x and smallcpu like this.
  18. cyricdeadsoul

cyricdeadsoul New Member

Or this ^^ I´d like to have an interplanetary layer but if it´s not 'in' then i can live with that :)
  19. universalannihilator

universalannihilator New Member

And what was the point of supcom by that logic? Supreme Commander is spiritual sequel of Total Annihilation.
    carn1x likes this.
  20. radtoo

radtoo Member

Obviously should not be allowed to *stay* in interplanetary space, just fly from one planet to another.

But the concept of one unit transports being reusable seems broken to me, anyhow. It leads to silly chases.

There should be an expensive reusable heavy transporters (transports many units at once, armored, lightly armed), but it should take a while and some metal & a lot of energy to set each of them up for interplanetary launch, so they have to stay for a moment after they made a flight, and flights aren't free.