Wayward Sky info

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by jables, June 17, 2015.

1. jables

jables Uber Employee

doud, veep, cwarner7264 and 1 other person like this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

This looks awesome.. shame I don't own a PS4, or a VR headset for that matter...

Any chance this might be going multi platform at a later date? I could just see myself getting a headset for PC games if they're not stupidly expensive (as I'm big on my space sims which is ideal for VR)...
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Top notch voice acting, 11/10
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

This does look pretty neat. VR is probably going to be a big addition to gaming as a whole, so I'm not surprised that Uber's next game uses it. The simplicity of it seems quite appealing too. Pity I don't have a PS4 though!
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I dunno, it seems odd to use VR (which is all about immersion) to make a game where I'm controlling a camera outside the character. I find myself wondering what VR is going to really bring to that experience.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I feel like this is a baby steps kind of thing. It shows off the technology without encountering some of the barriers that faster-paced VR games are currently struggling with - particularly motion sickness.

What I found particularly interesting is what Eka had to say about the width between the eyes. Being able to trick the human brain into thinking it's controlling something much bigger than it is simply by 'moving the eyes further apart' has some fantastic implications for the genre.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Man, people have to quit locking to PS4. Seriously guys. I don't have one. Every time the convo comes up to get one, I remember all the gaming I do now is time consuming enough not to need one so I pass.
  8. cdrkf

Uber haven't said it's permanently tied to PS4... usually any exclusives are timed, provided there is demand for the game on other platforms. Moving from PS4 -> PC should be (relatively) trivial given they are based on the same architecture (unlike moving from PS3 and it's Cell processor to PC). The main aspect will be if an affordable headset becomes available for PC to make it worthwhile. This is one of those areas where the set ecosystem provided by a console comes into it's own- as they will be developing for *1 headset*.
  9. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Derp.
    Last edited: June 21, 2015
  10. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I just read a relevant article on the BBC site. Not too positive about VR in general though...
    "VR 'disappoints' at E3 games show"

VR still sounds pretty neat to me personally though.
  11. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Played Alien on a Rift at LAN society last year, that was enough to convince me VR is kickass. Very interested to at least see where Eka's going with this third-person VR game
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. cdrkf

@jables I hear by offer to be an official alpha tester of your new game! All I'll need is a copy of the game, a PS4 and the VR headset of course and I promise to give you lots of feedback ;)
    squishypon3, stuart98 and jables like this.
  13. varothegod

varothegod New Member

no offense uber entertainment but this game is nothing close to uber, in my opinion it looks geared towards 5 year old kids. so upset that your devoting time into this game instead of another rts or Human Resources
  14. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Dat ignorance though.
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Yeah, I can't believe they're developing a new IP instead of pursuing one the market already rejected!
    dreizehn, stuart98, Bsport and 2 others like this.
  16. varothegod

varothegod New Member

where is the kickstarter for this game? I guarantee it gets rejected
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't think a kickstarter is planned for wayward sky. It's funded in some other way.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. varothegod

varothegod New Member

I understand that, but do not understand why this gets funded instead of a new rts game... idk I just know I will never be buying this game
  19. cdrkf

It's being developed specifically to show off the capabilities of the new vr headset Sony is creating for ps4 and is probably being funded by Sony.

I think this game could be really immersive and interesting in vr, it's not fair to judge a vr title on a 2d vid imo.

As for another rts title, they tried that and the community shut it down. I'd be very surprised to see uber attempt another crowd funded game, and even more if it was an rts, based on the vitriol and stupidity levelled at them by the community.

Compared to that a publisher is probably tame by comparison.
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I looked into it. Personally, I have nothing against (modern) VR. I also understand Playstation specializes in VR more than XBox of course, plus XBox burned them once as a company. I totally support the concept, and how cool it is. I just hope that PC port comes sooner rather than later, as a company they have switched between platform systems so frequently. I am excited for their stake in making VR more commonplace. Just struggling to keep on the same console of release as them.