Was/Is SMNC abandoned for good?

Discussion in 'Super MNC' started by theredphantom, August 8, 2013.

1. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I have no reason to think this in particular, but I'm going to guess that it's 2D.
  2. hspitgirl

hspitgirl New Member

I hope not, I don't want to be out of a job. So far I haven't heard a thing about a thing. At this point it would be going half-cocked to say if we are going to sink or swim darling.
  3. jbeetle

A for effort.
  4. goodbean

goodbean Well-Known Member

Still no clues
  5. RealWar

RealWar Member

No. They made some changes as to how steam downloads the game a couple of days ago. Even if they don't plan to add more content or update the game, doing that still proves that they didn't abandon it.

To be honest, I'm fine with SMNC not being worked on. I'd rather Uber didn't waste more time and effort on this game. After much thinking I don't think Uber abandoned this game. They realized they need to move on. They didn't abandon it. It just feels like they abandoned this game because they said nothing at the end. I don't blame them; we're assholes.
  6. mistermaf

mistermaf Active Member

If they were to come out and actually say that, then the remaining players would respond in kind. As in people would drop the game.
  7. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Probably, although they're still keeping the game up and fix if there's a drastic server error that stops play so they still have some care for the remaining players. However I feel like if they were going to continue with MNC as an ip in any way it would be more worthwhile to put up a new title instead of put more effort into SMNC at this point.
  8. nephandys

nephandys Member

No I don't because if you seriously think they haven't abandoned smnc for good you're crazy.
    if you seriously think that I think i am speaking for the devs that is just as crazy. The devs don't need to say Jack their silence speaks volumes. Game is dead and abandoned but delude yourself all you want. I seem to remember lots of omnc and xboxmnc players dying the same thing in the past.
  9. nephandys

nephandys Member

Abandoned, quit, moved on. ... You're just arguing semantics at this point. The idea is the same. Game is dead and they're not going to do anything outside of keeping it in maintenance mode.
  10. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

You are saying this like it is impossible for them to start updating SMNC again for x reason. How do you know they won't come back once they are done with what they are doing. You can't say they have entirely abandoned SMNC, the servers are up, they removed the launcher, they check forums from time to time.
    I hear this "game is dead" for like a year now.
    If the game is dead how come you are still here? How come I can find matches? How come there are plenty of people to play with? How come the servers are up?
    It sounds like you want it to be dead.
    The game will be dead when there won't be any people left to say that the game is dead.
  11. kvalheim

To be fair too, "game is dead" holds absolutely no weight as a statement any more. It's been said since pretty much the launch of the game
  12. outsider

outsider Member

SMNC might get an update once Plannetary Annihilation is released.
  13. donut7577

donut7577 Active Member

Why would they bother on fixing a game with basically no userbase and a not-so-good reputation after a year of inactivity? I just don't see it happening.
  14. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

Time will tell, this question has been asked too many times anyways, this game being dead or not pretty much depends on if we stop playing it yes or no.

I'm all in for a word from the devs but meh, I don't expect it anytime soon.
  15. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Employee

SMNC is on hold for the moment as far as support or updates. It had some promise but we never got to quite finish it to the level we wanted before launch. Since then, it hasn't generated enough revenue for us to keep supporting it. We're going to continue to focus on one big game and a smaller game and if there's even an opportunity to revive SMNC we'll do it. We're still big fans of the MNC/SMNC universe and would love to see it succeed.
  16. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

Is game #5 going to be part of the MNC universe?
  17. jbeetle

I assume the answer goes without saying, but anyway, what about the completed UCC that isn't in the game?
  18. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

''I don't expect it anytime soon''

not heard for months and the second i post this you reply, very funny.

Always nice to have a dev say somthing. Nothing unexpected really.

That ''oportunity'' as in: if other games are succesful? or is a miracle needed.
  19. kvalheim

I'm just glad there's still promise for more of the MNC setting in future. It's up there as one of my fav game settings and is really the selling point for me, and would love to see more of it; especially since it's one of few games where the entire atmosphere and style really hits what it's aiming for right on.
  20. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

What does "supporting it" mean? Are the servers going to stay up?