Very slow server list and the game is lagging

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Fatov, October 5, 2014.

1. Fatov

Fatov New Member

Hello,
    I have two problems with PA.
    The first is, that if I want to play online, I need a lot of luck to get some servers displayed often I must wait 5 minutes until some servers are shown and sometimes there will be nothing be shown.
    And than, if I have the luck that there are some servers are displayed I can't the join them.
    If I try to join it simply happen nothing only very very rarely I have the luck to play a match online.
    I know I have not the best internet (700 KB/s), but that does not justify this.

But than there is the second problem.
    The game is always lagging, even if I set all graphic settings so low how possible.
    Whats wrong ?

I attached the DxDiag.txt.

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, your internet connection is rather low for PA. The minimum is 512 KB/s, so you are just above minimum. However, their implementation of the server browser downloads quite a lot of unnecessary stuff and it doesn't compress either. So you will want to install the "Faster Server Browser" mod. That should drastically improve your performance.

It may also fix the unable-to-join problem, since that is probably caused by your connection being saturated. The relevant bug report is PA#4049, so vote for that.
    Fatov likes this.
  3. Fatov

Fatov New Member

Thanks.
    This mod fixed all even the lagging in SinglePlayer is now away.:)
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

The Faster Server Browser mod has been euthanised and is no longer available.

@DeathByDenim please see the discussion: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rip-faster-server-browser-mod.63947/page-3#post-1017489