Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Hi, that's "kinda" funny because I was coming here to tell mikeyh that the mods registration server was being shutdown on saturday due to OpenShift2 service end of life, and my lack of willing to make the migration to OpenShift3 effort and the inevitable domain change.

As far as I know the mod manager is know embeded inside PA, and I have no idea what changed in the architecture since the new manager. But I think they were not compatible. I don't think bring back PAMM would have any use (source are still available on anyway).

What the F uberent is doing about that ? shutting down palobby is one thing, killing the mod feed is another.

@Quitch
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Uber looks to be taking over most, if not all of the infrastructure that mikeyh was running.

Nooo, not the mods registration server...
  5. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I guess I'll need to find a way to contact @jables about that too :D
  6. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

For information, a last backup has been made on the pamm server and you should not be able to log and make new publish. Server migration on the way by mikeyh, I can't give you any ETA.

To the few people still using PAMM 1.4.2 I saw in the server logs (?!?!), it should still work until Openshift2 is shutted down tomorrow. You will have to update the mod feed url with the new one when available.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Doesn't PAMM have a news feed? Did you push out a post?
  8. toxicgent

toxicgent New Member

I may be a a few years late and a brain-cell short but i cannot find what the most recent mod manager would be, it all marked as "do not install" or doesn't exist anymore. Could someone please point me into the right direction!? Any help is appreciated.:(:(
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

lulamae likes this.