Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The content will now resize with the window properly, no more fixed height.

I have removed the "open file" dialog and use the log file to find PA. The PA Location field is also editable if necessary.

I have made some tests with Ubuntu 14.04 and got some unexpected freezes at startup, or during http requests. I have to investigate on those issues.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Good job.
    The notification of update seems a bit broken (purely cosmetic, it is functional)
    [​IMG]
    Can be reproduced by manually extracting a .zip from an outdated mod
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Didn't think to try installing something before. I don't see any response from the UI, and I don't see any new directories in the mods folder.
  4. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Fixed !

Did you get a never ending loading animation on the bottom right of the window when you click install ? If not, could you please enable "Debug Mode" in config panel, then copy the log panel here ? I "hope" it's the same problem I have on ubuntu whith the http requests hangs.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Did you get a never ending loading animation on the bottom right of the window when you click install ? If not, could you please enable "Debug Mode" in config panel, then copy the log panel here ? I "hope" it's the same problem I have on ubuntu whith the http requests hangs.[/quote]

Hrm. Now it's working. Must be the pan-dimensional mice again.
  6. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Hrm. Now it's working. Must be the pan-dimensional mice again.[/quote]
    Lol.
  7. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

What's new:
    • seems to work fine on Ubuntu (needed some tweaking related to weird frozen http requests)
    • command line handle the pamm://modid parameter
    • the pamm-atom module will check for new version and auto-update itself
    • added a PA build version check
    proeleert and Fr33Lancer like this.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Please modify this part slightly, as its something I've already coded and is in a different syntax (pamm://<verb>/<parameter>, in this case pamm://install/modid) That way the protocol can be used for multiple things, and additional functions (verbs) can be added by Pamm extensions (an upcoming feature).
  9. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Done :) I was just handling the same parameter as PAMM 4.0.3 even if I don't think anyone is using it atm (can't find a forum mod thread with it).
  10. Fr33Lancer

Quick though about the search options.
    I often find myself looking for a mod, and when I don't find it immediately, I end up having to scroll all the way up to use the search options :confused:
    I find it not very usable that the scroll apply to the search options, imho it should always stay on top.
    [​IMG]

What do you people think ?
    It looks like to me as a potential improvement over the stock PAMM, given the fact that more and more mods will be available as time goes by, and those search options may end up more and more used by people.
    lokiCML, stuart98 and Mereth like this.
  11. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

yes of course.

And this isn't to complicate your life but could you leave the scroll bar on top to have a longer scroll bar?

It's very annoying to have something that scrolls too fast.
  12. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I just added an install script for Windows users.

Just download the last stable release : https://github.com/mereth/pamm-atom/archive/stable.zip
    Extract it temporarily somewhere
    Run install.bat

It will install PAMM in %APPDATALOCAL%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pamm with the following steps
    * download & extract the last release of Atom Ahell
    * copy the pamm module
    * create a shortcut on the desktop
    * register the pamm:// protocol

The pamm module will auto update itself when needed. No plan for Atom Shell update for the moment.
    tatsujb, lokiCML and Fr33Lancer like this.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Uhhh.... YUM? *slurp* NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMthankyou~

EDIT : hmm why do mods load forever? was i ran using Atom shell and dropping the app folder in there.

was i supposed to also run the .bat?
  14. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

The install.bat just run the install.ps1. It's an helper because Powershell doesn't allow to run file script by default (thx Microsoft!).

By "why do mods load forever?", you mean you have the Uber loading animation in the bottom right of the screen which doesn't stop ? Could you please give me the log by enabling "Debug Mode" in the config tab, and copy pasting the log from the ... log tab ?
  15. Fr33Lancer

16. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

Disable "Load Mod Likes" in the config tab and restart it please. I admit I never tested this functionality :] I guess it's time to do it, but I find it way too aggressive for Uber forum server :\
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Their fault for not making an API available. :p
  18. Fr33Lancer

It stops spinning indeed. Not sure what it did.
    New log here : http://pastebin.com/UgSynGeB
  19. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

I have fixed the "Mod Likes" loading & display.

The loading works in the original PAMM, but not the display, which means enabling this option increase the initial loading significantly time for nothing. It's just a matter of replacing a "loadlikes" by "modlikes" string.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  20. Fr33Lancer

Just got the update popup about 0.5.2
    Upon clicking OK, it closes itself.
    Maybe I went too fast, and launched it again manually, but I kind of expected it to relaunch automatically if it had to be restarted ;)
    Or the dialog string might be a bit clearer ;) (didn't had a good look, but it induced PAMM has already been updated)

Yeah, I know, I'm nitpicky :p
    Mereth likes this.