[Updated 27-12-2011] MyMNCServer - Server Management Tool

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by LennardF1989, December 26, 2010.

1. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I got exactly the same thing yesterday on my server. It kept endlessy looping "DevNet: Rejected unwanted function ServerSetSpectatorLocation in HPlayerController_<number>" after one game, while before I could play a series of games without it doing that.

Listen server also doesn't seem to work properly, as none can join and your level shows as "0" all the time.

Oddest thing is that I'm using the recommended command-line Uber Entertainment gave us, so it's quite odd and will have to investigate it.
  2. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

Tried the tool under my old XP-Machine but at the start i got an error. The debugger says: KeyNotFoundException.

I checked
    HKEY_CurrentUser\Software\Valve\Steam: This exists and is valid
    HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Valve\Steam: There is no SteamPath entry and adding it manually doesn't help.

Added a screenshot with the default entries in the HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Valve\Steam.

Maybe interesting: This machine has no Shader 3.0 GPU, so I can't start the game there, but I hope I can start a dedicated server with your tool. (EDIT: Via commandline I can start a dedicated Server.)

Attached Files:

3. LennardF1989

Can I have a screenshot of the error, I added some specific notes to most exceptions to easily track them down. KeyNotFoundException seems odd as I catch all those kind of exceptions.
  4. do0t

do0t New Member

Some things to add to the list of game variables:

Round duration and OT duration. You have the others (buy bots? juice? etc) taken care of.
  5. LennardF1989

Round duration was actually broken when I tested it. Setting it to anything other than 2 makes it instantly go into overtime, hence why I left it at read-only. Do you know proper values which make them work, so I can set those as default? Or maybe you have an explanation why it did that on my side (making me think its broken).
  6. do0t

do0t New Member

I don't. Trying to figure out where all the USER defined binds are too. I'm more familiar with quake type scripts and not so much with U/UT. Can add that to list of things to look for.

7. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

It's just a normal errordialog which pops out when XP want to send a report to Microsoft. Then I start the debugger, a Visual Studio Instance starts and Visual Studio shows the typical errordialog like an error occurs while debugging. And this says: KeyNotFoundException. But there are no more informations like in which line, method or class this Exception was thrown. I think a screenshot will not help you.

Maybe you could throw all Exceptions to the GUI, catch them there and show a simple MessageBox with the errormessage and the stacktrace. Thats what I did with some of my last works. And when you have the possibility to use a mailserver you could retrieve your own reports with the Stacktrace. Something like that, to report easily errors. Maybe a forms with a simple copy function to post the error in this thread does the job, too.

If this would be to much work, I could offer you to run your project in debug mode on my XP-Machine to figure out where the exception will thrown. If you agree with it, I would pm you my mail address, but I would understand you, if you didn't want it. :)
  8. LennardF1989

My tool is undergoing a refactor this weekend, I will add a catch-all bug-log. In the meantime, KeyNotFoundException seems to be an array not being there most likely caused by my INI parser.

Be sure you have the following INI files available:
    - DefaultMapList.ini in Steam\steamapps\common\monday night combat\HostileGame\Config
    - HostileMapList.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config
    - HostileAccess.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config

And delete MyMNCServer.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config.

If either of those 3 key files is missing, my tool most likely craps out :p But hey, it was only a days work.
  9. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

A day well spent! ;)
  10. Crownless

Crownless New Member

Is is possible to change this to a blitz server?
  11. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

I think that's will be the reason for the crash. As I said, because of the old graphic card I couldn't start the game. It's only installed and I couldn't find any UnrealEngine3-Files under My Documents.

I will copy them from my Win7-machine, hopefully it will work then.

EDIT: This fixed the problem. :)
  12. LennardF1989

I'll try to put that into the refactor this weekend, thanks for the suggestion!

@SvartfaR: I'm glad it fixed the problem :) Thanks for reporting back, now I know where I have to pay some attention.
  13. do0t

do0t New Member

Any luck with a recompile? :->
  14. LennardF1989

I did little with it this weekend, besides, next version is more than just a recompile :p
  15. jeavis

jeavis New Member

I've got multiple versions of framework loaded and when I try to start the app it tries to run with 2.0 instead of 3.5. Can you force it to use 3.5 for us that have to have multiple versions loaded please?
  16. LennardF1989

What you said is invalid.

The program is compiled for version 3.5, if that is missing or somehow incorrectly installed, it will simply not start and never ever try an older version for the sake of it. What gives you the impression it does, a specific error? You shouldn't care too much about the error generated, as frameworks internally partially depend on eachother somehow (3.5 uses a lot of 2.0 files, but with a 3.5 flavor on top of it).

Also having multiple frameworks is completely normal, as version 3.5 doesn't contain 2.0. If you wish to run tools that were made for version 1.0, you will also need to install that, for the record.
  17. jeavis

jeavis New Member

Maybe I'm not reading this right then. I cannot get the application to launch I just get the following the in the error log. I get no actual message when I open the app.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 5000

Description:
    EventType clr20r3, P1 mymncserver.exe, P2 1.0.2.0, P3 4d189659, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 4889dc80, P7 dc, P8 5, P9 a4dh5wwiwww1yjtmp0c0kv4zwcalu4in, P10 NIL.
  18. LennardF1989

19. LennardF1989

With the new update I'll be updating MyMNCServer to support multiple servers this week :)
  20. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Very nice. Thanks for your work on this. :D