Unable to see locally hosted LAN games since rollback to 110069

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jwinterton, June 18, 2018.

1. jwinterton

jwinterton New Member

My son and I used to routinely 'host game locally' to play each other due to our rubbish internet speed. However, since the upgrade and rollback to 110069 we can no longer see each others games. Whichever PC we host the local game on it no longer shows up in the list of servers on the other PC. Nothing else has changed apart from the update\rollback so i was suspecting that was the culprit but I haven't seen a bunch of other folks complaining about the same issue, oddly. So, assuming it may be a local issue we have been through disabling Firewalls, checking LAN cables, trying various settings etc. I am pretty sure it is not a connectivity issue as I can see the Beacons from the server hosted on PC#1 being received and logged on PC#2. The game just doesn't appear in PC#2's list.
    Anyone have any ideas, or can confirm that this is indeed a know problem after the recent update?
    Thanks all.
  2. flubbateios

flubbateios Active Member

Give Wondible's connect buttons mod a shot. It should let you connect to the other PC using the local IP
  3. jwinterton

jwinterton New Member

Thanks flubbateios that has worked a treat. I am still puzzled why it is broken in the client but that mod is a perfectly serviceable alternative. Many thanks.