Unable to connect to server.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Latias4Ever, June 22, 2016.

1. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever New Member

For some reason, every time the game tries to connect to PlayFab, it just gives me an error stating that it couldn't connect to "4.uberent.com" due to firewall or antivirus settings. I've attached a screenshot of the error. My problem here is that even after disabling my antivirus and firewall at the same time, the error remained, so I can't login at all, and as a result, I can't even play.

I've tried to launch the 64-bit executable as well, but it refuses to open, so I'm stuck with the 32-bit version for some reason, despite having a 64-bit OS. Can someone help me out here?

Attached Files:

2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

3. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever New Member

I'm attaching my DxDiag file along with the latest 4 logs I have, as I tried to run the program several times, with the latest one (005058) being an attempt at running the 64-bit executable, while the second latest (004720) being my latest attempt at running the game through Steam.

Attached Files:

4. mikeyh

Start by checking for an updated driver:
    • Driver Date/Size: 11/5/2015 18:13:38
  5. mikeyh

6. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever New Member

I don't believe an older driver version for my graphics card would prevent me from connecting to the game's server, and I've checked that list as I was obtaining the logs, the only program I have out of all of those is MSi Afterburner, which uses RivaTuner Statistics Server, which is also on the version in which the issue is fixed.
  7. mikeyh

It won't but will help in other areas.

Do you have anything that would block or inject into network connections?

The logs show network errors:

Code:
    ERROR [JS/main] bundle://boot/boot.js:44277: error loading https://dfpsrd4q7p23m.cloudfront.net/community-mods/js/main.js after 0.006 seconds
    ERROR [JS/game] coui://ui/main/game/start/ytv.js:117: Request for https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/playlists?id=PLi9lQ-P6lhoNVScIK8m-6BtBQzc7x7HMQ&key=AIzaSyDY3MEYYHU51A7edgWU3QZTeKxzMidlgQo&maxResults=50&part=snippet failed with status 0. Server response: 
    INFO [JS/game] coui://ui/main/game/start/start.js:1532: failed tor get news at : http://www.uberent.com/pa-classic/category/game-updates/?json=1&count=1

8. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever New Member

The only thing I have is my Firewall, as far as I'm aware. I've disabled it several times while trying to start the program, but even then it doesn't work.
  9. mikeyh

I assume you've done a verify and a complete uninstall / reinstall of PA?
  10. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever New Member

I've verified the integrity of the game's files, yes, but I haven't tried reinstalling, I'll do it now.

EDIT: I've reinstalled the game, and after fighting with my Firewall blocking the game (problem I've been having with ZoneAlarm for a while now with every new program/update), launching the game through Steam STILL doesn't work. However, launching it through the 32-bit executable and then logging in seems to work. The 64-bit executable still doesn't work, however.
    Last edited: June 22, 2016
  11. mikeyh

Based on that it sounds like ZoneAlarm is blocking the executable and network connections.

Make sure you have added exceptions for all the executables.
  12. Latias4Ever

Latias4Ever New Member

Every "PA.exe" file is set to Allow connections... And funny, now that I've enabled the 64-bit executable, starting through Steam seems to work now. Though I also linked my Steam Account to my UberEnt account once again, so... Either one of those made it work.