UberProbe Performance Upload Thread

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Latest patch 61450 fixed it. Thanks Uber!
    varrak likes this.
  2. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

Another, some sort of slowdown that as far as I can tell is related to the creation and destruction of structures and units. I think it's due to the tarmac and/or scorch marks being created.

This is very early on in the game and nothing much is going on at all. Only a few units is in the game at this point.

Attached Files:

3. naginacz

naginacz Member

hi,
    From the patch 61250, I am experiencing lags.
    I think that FPS are not bad, but the units begin to jumping.
    The problem occurs about 400-500 units.
    I am sending a packet of data (there is is about 1000 units).
    Planet with a radius of 650
    Before the patch 61250, I played with the number of units in excess of 1300 (plus units of enemies). No lags observed.
    I have a speed 6 mb/s

Attached Files:

4. dworkin

dworkin New Member

Still have the same UI lag in the new "gamma" version.
  5. InuHanyou1701

InuHanyou1701 New Member

Basically can't play the game because the frame rate is so bad. I rarely break 10 FPS. I have tried running the game in super low res and the game still runs poorly. Find attached my PerfLog and dxdiag. Hope this helps! I would like to try the Uber version of the game (Bought it in Steam during a sale) so if this is possible and someone knows how I can get a hold of it please PM me. Thanks everyone!

Edit: Found the Uber launcher download. (For those who may still be looking, make sure you've played the game at least once, go to the PA website. You can get to the store by clicking on one of the buy icons. Sign into your Uber account. Click on My Keys. Look for the PA Download link. That should associate it with your account and let you download the launcher (The link says Alpha but don't worry, the launcher will update to Gamma). Fixed the issue by making sure that any CPU leeches were disabled and reducing the amount of planets in a map

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 2, 2014
  6. dinokeymaker

dinokeymaker New Member

Gamma v62165 end game stress test report
    The game starts fine with 120fps (GPU usage ~90%), but when many units are displayed the fps apparently stuck in 10 (with PiP enabled) while the GPU usage stays low (~26%) as well as the CPU (~20%). Maybe CPU4 overload (almost 100%) is causing bottleneck? screenshots added
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Attached Files:

7. tomasr

tomasr New Member

The latest build is a huuuuge improvement. I've not noticed the problems other are facing with large armies simply because I'm mostly playing 1v1v1
  8. bill280

bill280 Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: March 11, 2014
  9. Planktum

I wonder if you could implement a Benchmarking tool, where you can set the number of planets/units, etc. They did something similar to this with the game R.U.S.E. This would help people understand what size games your computer is best suited to. I understand you guys are implementing up 40 players battling out at any one time, but I highly doubt anyone has a current computer powerful enough to play a game of that size. In the future maybe...
  10. cl0aked

cl0aked New Member

I have some severe interface lag in-game, but the FPS of the game itself is pretty high. I've enabled threaded optimization but it doesn't make any difference.
  11. Planktum

I thought this was fixed but obviously I was wrong. What gives? Why is my GPU and CPU load so low???

Attached Files:

12. 5hades

5hades New Member

Hi guys,

I was playing a game of Galactic Warfare on the Australian servers - A 2 v 3 game vs one of the game leaders with 3/4 planets in the system. I had an AI subcommander spamming aircraft on the primary planet.

The first 30 minutes of gameplay were awesome, no lag on the server sim or on my end, then after that the server sim crawled to 1fps. I've captured a bunch of upf files and uploaded to dropbox. I've uploaded the latest one in the game to this thread.

I'm really loving the game and how well it plays (graphically getting no lag at all, just the simulation speed crawls after about 30-35 minutes).

I am running the game on Windows 8.1 x64, 16GB RAM, Quad Core i7 and GeForce GTx 780. All my drivers are up to date. Hope this helps with the performance reviews.

Attached Files:

13. Planktum

I've been getting terrible UI lag lately. Almost unplayable and definitely not enjoyable.
  14. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

Attached Files:

SXX likes this.
  15. vakwateni

vakwateni New Member

Im having terrible performance from the start of the match and the more buildings i build the worse it gets i was able to have playable matches against the AI in the past but now with all the recent builds performance has been very poor

Im from Namibia my best performance has been on EU West servers

my internet connection 1mbs
    kbs 0.89dwn/kbs 0.33up

Attached Files:

16. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Would it be interesting to see data from Dox spam slow-downs, or is it all known stuff by now? Performance on the order of 0.5 sim FPS and doSimTick 2.00 sec with normal client FPS (60). Was only about 900 Dox, and nothing else going on.

Unfortunately the UberProbe file is too big to upload here (over 2 MB zipped; limit is 1.6 MB).

Attached Files:

• sim.jpg
      sim.jpg
      File size:
      296.7 KB
      Views:
  17. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Client lag detected when zooming in on Dox formation. There were at least 100 Dox when this happened. None were selected.

Same thing happened in another match. This time, the Dox were selected, and there were 144 of them.

In both cases, sim was fine.

More info can be found here.

Attached Files:

18. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

This build is becoming unplayable due to performance issues. Every game starts ok, but then develops into a slide show usually after 25 minutes:(.This doesn't seem to be a client problem since the fps are not that bad, but the sim is just atrocious, at some points hiting 0,1 or 0,4 fps.

Here is an example of the problem I've been facing, I'm sending you in hopes of helping you guys find the problem, if you need another file don't hesitate to ask;).
    Lobby id:10687770857876607049
    This is system with one planet and one moon the game had 6 players. And i was spamming doxes. I cant upload the perflog cause even ziped its too large, the forum wont let me. So i uploaded it to this link: http://www.speedyshare.com/xBgT8/quick-2014-8-13-12.33.40.zip client 2.jpg gpu2.jpg

Attached Files:

19. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

The sim is really hurting sometimes in this build, more than I have seen before. (41453)
  20. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Performance in PTE 71453 was excellent.

Since Stable 71459 and now PTE 71544, i barely have 10+ fps with only my commander.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.