Total Annihilation Zero

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tashadan, January 7, 2014.

1. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

[​IMG]

Total Annihilation Zero by Vohvelieläin

Introduction

Total Annihilation Zero is a full-fledged modification of the classic strategy game Total Annihilation and aims to recreate the entire game to the maximum extent and quality that is currently possible. In addition to completely redesigned versions of the two factions from the original game, the Arm and the Core, TA Zero introduces a third faction, the Guardians of Kadesh. All three factions are stylistically and strategically unique and crafted to the highest standards that can be achieved within the Total Annihilation engine. The game is a work-in-progress with preview versions regularly released to the public as development milestones are reached. There's no telling what the final version will hold in store, but you can continue on to the Features section to learn more about what is currently available in TA Zero.

[​IMG]

Introducing the all-new Arm, Core, and Guardians of Kadesh

Features

Total Annihilation Zero features game-changing enhancements and additions to the standard Total Annihilation experience, an abundance of all-new content, and a commitment to high quality and polished execution. Almost everything from Total Annihilation has been removed and we're just getting started. Learn all about what's currently included in the game on this page and don't forget to check the news regularly to find out what's coming next.
    Unique Factions and Quality Design.
    -Three distinct factions
    -Beautiful textures
    -Advanced animation
    -Alien sounds
    -Revamped explosions
    -Detailed destruction
    -Hovercraft shadows
    -Improved weather effects
    -Unwavering pathfinding
    and more.

Screenshots Ingame:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MrTBSC, xankar and LavaSnake like this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Daddy likes what he sees... As long as it can still work in Win7, possibly 8. Or Linux. Because these games never seem to want to work without a lot of hassle in them. I don't mind the hassle, it is the eventually getting them to work part.
  3. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

I play on Win7 64bit and it works flawless and i know people running it on Win8 aswell. If you have an AMD graphic card you will need an additional installation file though. If you want to try the game in multiplayer send me a message.
  4. beer4blood

beer4blood Active Member

The newest 3.9.02 beta patch has conflicts with certain Windows 8 setups. Personally I enjoy the epic scale of escalation myself.
  5. thetrophysystem

Ah, I had to look to see if you were the same guy as the other forums lol. Your other forum thread didn't have a download link. This one does so I am going to use it.

This is a good standalone game to take to my brother, he is oldschool and doesn't have internet, and games like this are really fun to take while PA is still in development along with RenX.

He has win8 and I have win7, might want to be safe and take the fix if needed (and not use it myself, just keep it zipped for him). Does this run for linux either? Did TA run for linux come to think of it?
    jbeetle likes this.
  6. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

No. TA doesnt support Linux.
  7. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

Redstones TA Zero channel

A 2on2 played on River of Flames. Unfortunately the guy recording the game had low resolution settings (on higher resolution you can see much more of the battlefield and there are no minimap problems).
  8. thetrophysystem

It looked really different from TA when I loaded it up. Looked very sharp to be sure. I think the commander had a sword :eek:

I was on a metal map and noticed my economy tanked 5 structures in... can you still build mexes anywhere on it? I believe I played on map "inside the core" or something, the small octagonal shaped islands-bridge metal map, the description was "the most scarcest resouce here is space".
  9. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

You mean this one? [​IMG]

No you cant build metal extractors everywhere on this map. But if you play one of the OTA metal maps your still can.
  10. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

New work in progress screenshots:

ARM T2 Radar Jammer: Blocks enemy Radar in a certain AOE.

[​IMG]

ARM T2 Stealthed Sniper/Saboteur Kbot: Able to cloak, armed with a sniper rifle and able to self destruct (with an AOE explosion able to destroy T1 factories).

CORE T2 Electronic Warfare Hovercraft Artillery: Does extra damage to stealthed/jammed/cloaked units and has an extra (dgun) attack that deactives enemy shields for a certain time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If someone is interested in testing the WIP builds send me a pm.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  11. thetrophysystem

That sniper bot sounds heavily multipurpose.
  12. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

Possible :) Can not tell much about the new units though. Just started to test them ingame.
  13. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

There is a new test build version again. Some minor changes and a new Unit for CORE are included.
    The amphibious CORE Marauder:

[​IMG]

Still searching for people to help me testing. If you do not have Total Annihilation but still interested in testing the new build send me a PM.
  14. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

ozonexo3 likes this.
  15. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

ooh, I've been waiting for an update to this mod. Will have to try the new version asap. I always relied on the front page of Tauniverse to keep me updated, but it seems that the front page is not being updated with the latest news anymore.
    tashadan likes this.
  16. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

this mod looks cool. I need to show it to my old TA freends and test it :)
    tashadan likes this.
  17. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

Yes unfortunately the front page was not updated for a long time :(

If you guys want to play multiplayer just send me a PM or add me on Gameranger (my acc is TaShadan).
  18. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

19. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

20. tashadan

tashadan Active Member

2on2 this time. Unfortunately i still have problem with rendering the video... i always lose some minutes at the end of the recording...