THIS FRIDAY: Open Qualifier for the LAST SPOT in Supernova Showdown

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thesambasti, April 24, 2014.

1. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

EDIT: Tournament start has been delayed by 30 mins to give those who said they needed more time to get home a chance to compete.

BEGIN TRANSMISSION:

You asked for it, so we’re delivering: This Friday, at 20:30 UTC, turn on your PA and get your game on for your chance at the 16th spot in the Supernova Showdown and the $100 prize pool. Here’s the details:

• Tournament format will be 1v1 Single Elimination.
    • Brackets will be provided on exodusesports.com It is the players responsibility to find and play their matches.
    • Systems to be played will be determined by tournament officials.
    • In the case where system sharing is not ready in time for the event, details on how to generate them will be posted by tournament officials.
    • Players must be in the lobby ready for their next match at most 15 minutes after the end of their previous match.
    • Players must be in tournament IRC at all times.
    • The consequences for violating any of these rules is a disqualification.
    • No official casting will be provided for the event, players and casters are free to stream games at their discretion.
    Remember

• Single elimination
    • Fox only
    • Final destination
    You can ignore the last 2, then visit the tournament page here, or go straight to the sign up page here.​

Source here. This is a little later notice than we had hoped for, but people were very clear about wanting a way to qualify and we decided we really wanted to make that happen!
    Last edited: April 25, 2014
  2. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

I will be there, observing you from the nether and guarding my interests, muahahaha.

I will record some matches to go on Youtube.
  3. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

I've been training up for tournaments. Glad I can try out my new 1vs1 skills here. ;)
    Martenus and zaphodx like this.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I seen some posts by people semi complaining that they can never enter tournaments cause they work Saturdays. I would like to see these play it this type of tournament and see how they get on.

I understand it is a qualification but in the case they win they allow the runner up progress.
    mishtakashi and proeleert like this.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

There is a possibility to host a week-long tournament, like we used to before the first Clopsey, to facilitate these types of players. Would need to be much more tightly controlled than they were before for that to work properly now, though.
  6. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

Is there a way we can see who's already invited? Also I signed up, I really want to play here so I hope I manage to practice enough :)
  7. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

It would be nice (since I'm Australian) however, it kind of destroys the the atmosphere of everyone battling it out at the same time for the title...
  8. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

when will the other players for the showdown be announced?
  9. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Tonight.
    Murcanic likes this.
  10. Martenus

Damnit, you messed it. You were supposed to say SOON! :D
  11. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Nope ;) The people need to know. Also, it is likely the brackets will be released very shortly after the results of the Qualifier on Friday.
  12. Martenus

Yes, this is true guys! Once we have all 16 players the brackets should be live pretty quick after.

We can't wait :)
  13. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

How will they be announced?
  14. Martenus

A thread about the official event will be released.
  15. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Some interesting players already ! Still more spot's get in people !
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Would it be possible to push it back an hour or so? I'm at school until 20:50 UTC and thus won't be able to play even if my game isn't until the second round.
  17. Martenus

Sorry Stuart, it is not possible to move a scheduled event. I can either withdrew you from the tournament or you need to set your priorities :p
  18. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Or just schedule his game to be nearer the last of the first round games played?
  19. Martenus

I will see what I can do for you Stuart tomorrow, but try to be as quick as possible please.
  20. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Player Zykey ? Do you have PAStats ? If so give me your correct displayname in game !