The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The time the US decided to throw their democracy away, step by step.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

3. tatsujb

4. tatsujb

5. tatsujb

6. tatsujb

7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Lol. Dude. All black dudes look exactly the same. That's why police pull over every black dude they see, because most crime is committed by blacks, and blacks all look alike, just a case of mistaken identity.

Was that racist? Because I just spun that together, it sounds like the dribble that ignorant racists would say.

Just as ignorant, as saying a bunch of white dudes all look the same. They literally do btw, all rich bastards look the same. Literally all politician women look the same if you ask me. Always the same outfits and cookie cutter appearance. That's a whole nother problem, than "we don't notice because it says something profound about outselves".

All it says, is that politicians (and by extension all people of power) look the same. They all look like McCain or Peloski, literally all of them. Mark Meadows, looks like G.W.Bush Sr., which looks like McCain, anyone would agree.

8. thetrophysystem

[​IMG]
  9. tatsujb

I clearly hit a nerve. xD
  10. tatsujb

11. tatsujb

12. thetrophysystem

I clearly hit a nerve, when I sniped the "first post of the page" from you.

Here, this is a great example of what you were mentioning earlier. A couple cookie-cutter mofos who happen to be w̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶l̶e̶ rich dudes with generic aesthetics.
    [​IMG]
  13. tatsujb

*laughing so hard at that concept I got cramps* x'D
  14. tatsujb

yes it's pretty pervasive.
    are you implying that that's a coincidence or agreeing there's something going on here?
  15. thetrophysystem

I'm implying, there no coincidence that you always have the first post per page.

I'm also implying, that nobody, "whites" nor "blacks", find the cookie cutter rich dudes very "relatable" or "appealing". Nobody hates bland dudebros or uptight old farts more than I.

It's almost like, their target audience, are people who can afford cable, like the richest demographic, like the 80% of common folk don't matter because all the wealth belong to the top 5%, like advertisement and premium broadcast affords them the use of people that only seem relatable to the "rich"?

You know what I sadly and oddly found very relatable? The characters in Stardew Valley. Some black lab dude, a white wife, the son's a basement dweller and programmer, still smokes cigs, the daughter is way into labwork and robotics, there's a starving artist, a beach bum, the blacksmith is a blue-collar worker who was too shy to make his own career choice when pressured by his father, all this took some thought and was way more relatable than some cookie cutter Ms. Universe or The Bachelor or 90210 or any of that nonsense.

So, how DID you do at the "racism test", Al "tatsujb" Sharpton? ...or is expecting a mofo to watch a 9-minute video a one-way street like most liberal concepts?
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  16. tatsujb

priorities :') you could've had a "touché"" from me, that wouldn't have been worth some leeway on your beliefs, none at all? xD
    but hey it's funny to see that you're being forced to realize you sometimes necessarily simultaneously give reason to and contradict someone with a claim. It's a complex world we live in with complex issues and no straight and simple answer to everything.
    ahhh to be young and naive...

It's good though. you're not like the rest. but you'd be surprised how many people go for that. how many people vote solely based on that criteria.

we live in a world where be it in first world countries of third world countries the nationalist, racist (in the direction that fits the majority) agenda has gotten up to 20-30%.

wake up to the reality
  17. thetrophysystem

Young an naive? I WISH I were young and naive.

I'd be surprised if people voted at all based on "appearances". You'd think, women would vote for women, and then Hillary happened during the election, and proved your claim wrong. People vote for edgy agendas and whichever two party most closely relate to it. For instance, if someone's not big on fake healthcare, they tend not to vote democrat, no matter who it is. If there's 2 parties, and 1 party nominates someone who supports an unpopular form of healthcare system that nobody wants, then they begrudgingly elect the other one, and then work to get them blocked and/or impeached and hope that congress will somehow meet in the middle on it.

At no point and time, do they look at a ballot, think "which one's white again? Ah, both. Then which one's male? I'll choose that one. The next tie-breaker would be which one's rich.". Btw, Hillary used twice as much in campaign funds than Trump did, so "who's rich" definitely seems to lean in her favor at times.

What makes you actually think people do that? A pultry 20-30% of "voters" (and as Colin pointed out earlier, like 3-9% of an actual whole)?
  18. tatsujb

I actually saw lots of anti women women interviewed. you're confirming everything I thought about you.

Macron basically won on appearances alone the young voter base hadn't been taped into in 4-5 presidential elections and suddenly they spring up again..... only to vote for macron.

reporter - "why did you vote for macron?"

voter - "well he's so young and dynamic!"

reporter - "no i mean what part of his program do you support or motivated you?"

voter - "huh?"

I've met tons of said people and it's not isolated cases.

you'd be surprised indeed.

voters aren't 10% of the civilians what the helll is that math?
  19. thetrophysystem

Women cannot be anti-women ffs. If they have an opinion, its a valid opinion. I'll even quote them on it to shoot down your claim: "No Uterus, No Opinion".

I got a better quote though, it's called "If you ain't paying these bills, then you ain't got an opinion". Which is the actual ******* truth, bullshit governments be enforcing **** they ain't got to live with, didn't realize they paid my nonexistant cellphone or my marginal rent that I go to a shitty job to pay. If I got to work to pay bills, I'm going to eat what I want, pay for what I want, drink what I want, do whatever the **** I want ESPECIALLY on the merit that literally none of it steps on anyone else's toes because I leave literally everyone the **** alone.
    Bruv, unless negative percent voters was the actual answer, my math was a lot closer than yours???
  20. tatsujb

they "can't"?? what is there aphysical impossibility there?

you really don't understand how it is you lump people together do you?

"I am quoting a woman let's make that plural because if I am quoting one woman then I am quoting them all"

I think you also completely missed the point i'm going for here. it's not just the people being CHOSEN these are the people historically with the power that they still unilatrally represent power today is frightening. It means that if we posit the theory that they deployed efforts to keep the faces of power following a certain model then within that theory their efforts were fruitfull.
    Last edited: May 16, 2017