The Notorious and Creepy COMMANDER DISAPPEARING trick/bug

Discussion in 'Support!' started by mered4, November 25, 2013.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

So, I have had quite a few team games of various sizes where one or more commanders would not spawn. It usually happens when the landing selection times out and one player has yet to place his CDR - but not always.

brianpurkiss and I were discussing this, and could not figure out why it happened twice in a row. After he left, I accidentally discovered the trigger, which involves ANOTHER bug.

This bug happens randomly. You select your landing zone, click ANNIHILATE, and nothing happens - or so it appears. Your chat is locked up, and you appear as ready in-game, so it really doesn't affect gameplay. However, if you become impatient and frustrated with this annoyance, and you click the ANNIHILATE button repeatedly, a wonderful thing happens:

EVERYONE SPAWNS IMMEDIATELY. If they do not have a selection made, their commander does not spawn. Anyone can do this by accident/ on purpose, and you really do not have control of it if it happens.

In FFA games, this doesnt seem to work, the game engine apparently default spawns the CDR somewhere.
    Can anyone else verify this? I have not done EXTENSIVE testing on this subject, but doing so would be in everyone's interest.....
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This is being a good tester for sure. I could try it. Just do team armies vs ai and with a player, then only one person rapid click annihilate. See if the other player or the ai is affected.

Would be interesting if this was discovered. To be specific, i will do it in 6 hours.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  3. Stormie

Stormie Active Member

From what you describe I'd guess whats happening are the subsequent clicks are being counted as your teammates pressing their respective annihilate buttons?
  4. mered4

That is an intriguing idea! Maybe trophySystem can test that, maybe i can try the same thing.....hmm
    AWESOME
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Quitch likes this.
  6. mered4

Bumb for da STREAM in which this evil bug occurred in
    it was horrifying. Almost as bad as a toaster
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  7. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Lol.

We just had a game where the other two players went AFK... :'(.

Commanders spawned, no activity.
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We have a 100% repro on this now - we can make it happen every time, now. Which makes fixing bugs much easier. ;)

We'll probably be releasing another build today if possible, to fix this, as well as address some of the other issues going on such as the whole OS/X not working thing.
    stormingkiwi, mered4 and cwarner7264 like this.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Why are you in the office at 6AM?
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

I'm in my home office. Not the same thing. :)
    stormingkiwi and cwarner7264 like this.